best u-joints (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok.... what are the best u-joints to use for the drive shaft ( fj62)....replaced with a precision and did not last . How about moog or trw ?
Thanks in advane , Daryl

Get the OEM Toyota joints. They are not THAT expensive and will last. The stock ones on my front driveshaft lasted 168k before needing to be replaced... the ones on my rear driveshaft are still going strong. Go through CDan here on the board for the best price.

OEM toyota only. I have had driveshaft shops opt out of selling me an $80 spicer joint, and instead telling me to order them from toyota... Anytime a shop opts out of a profit inorder to insure I get a superior less expensive product I tend to listen.

I have to agree with the toyota joint. I have gone through several other brands in the last few years.... never had issues till I switched to some aftermarket joint.

oem here I come!

sorry to revive this thread!! oldie thread.

OE
Carquest get's me GMB brand. The look, feel, smell, install and last as OEM does.

Toyota -- Or a quality Japanese brand. You can get Matsuba from Kurt at cruiser outfitters. They are Toyota OEM for some models and half the price of dealer joints.

Toyota -- Or a quality Japanese brand. You can get Matsuba from Kurt at cruiser outfitters. They are Toyota OEM for some models and half the price of dealer joints.

anyone more with Matsuba u joints . .? 35 compared to 55 on Toyota ones . ?

Someone who knows who made the Toyota u joints .. as same as 555 make tres .?

Anyone ever tried the LF super joints?

i have the best u joint on the market use them in my rock crawler CTM's ujoint
they are rebuildable and have no needle bearings to break or scald

they have for cruisers DS .. ?

Don't even bother, Tapage -- Those U joints are over $200 each.

The best for the money is Matsuba. If you don't want those, get the Toyota, but I think current production is Matsuba.

The differance is the micro small needles in GOOD joints , GMB is C R A P , Aftermarket do it again repairs.

OEM is the way i went and I'm glad. The dirve shaft folks told me the OEM are better than they would have gotten from their supplies.

Wise man on the important stuff, go OEM

Remember, that's why we love Toyotas in the first place

Anyone ever tried the LF super joints?

Both the longs and CTM's are phenomenal U joints, but they are not designed for the constant duty and apathy that a "normal" cruisers DS is subjected to.

Use the right tool for the job
Stock Toy joints are amazing.

The best for the money is Matsuba. If you don't want those, get the Toyota, but I think current production is Matsuba.

Never even heard of them. Interesting..

We've been selling and installing the Matsuba joint for 10+ years now, rock solid :cool:

Good enough for me...

I'll be callin ya tomorrow for some wheel bearings Kurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom