Hoosier Cruiser Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw this on another club site and thought it would be a good idea for us as well (with some minor differences). Would like to hear from not only HC members but also from those who like to hang out with us and/or may be future members. Here is the format for this thread:

1. This thread should not have Chat. It should truly be individual bios. I have started another thread for comments on the intros, etc.

2. The title to your post should be your MUD username with a dash then your name "only if you want".

3. Introduce yourself i.e; place you live, family, hobbies, what you do, etc... what ever you feel like telling us about yourself/family. How long have you been a HC member if you are?

4 . Tell us about your truck(s)

* Year, make and model
* Drivetrain (engine, lockers, gears, tranny, etc:
* Suspension/Lift, Wheels/tires:
* Interior Enhancements:
* Exterior/Armor Modifications:

5. Then post up some pictures of your truck(s) and yourself

Add anything else you feel is worthy of noting.

Let's post them up.

Last edited:
Mud name: Tonyota
Rig: 88 4runner
Rig mods: Yes
Hobbies: wrenchin, wheelin, wrenchin some more
About me: Brain dead, special needs gimp
Family : Yes
HC member: 4 years

Last edited:
Toyman317 - Ron Featherston

Hello All:
I live in Indianapolis on the North side with my wife Robin. I have two grown boys and Robin has two girls and a boy. We have 6 grandchildren that are a ton of joy. I have worked for the State for over 30 years and currently coordinate the state's Foster Home Licensing process. I am pretty much a homebody and enjoy working on my cruisers in the garage, riding/working on my Harley, firearms, photography, playing guitar, all kinds of sports, and of course camping/wheeling with you all.

I have been a HC member for about 4 years. I have actually lost count. I remember when I was in high school and college and how much I loved the look of the FJ40s and said to myself that one day I would have one. About 5 years ago, I ran across my 1978 FJ40 down in Martinsville sitting in a vacant lot for sale. It looked pretty clean and only had 59,000 miles with very little rust. I probably paid too much for it at the time but looking back now, it was a great deal. Since then, I have had an FJ62, 2 FJ60s (one of which I still have) and an FZJ80. Sure can't afford to keep three cruisers so the 60 needs to be sold soon. I plan to keep the 80 and the 40 as long as I am able to drive them. I am totally a Toyota fan. I also drive an V6 03 Solara and the wife drives a 96 Camry.

So here is the Cruiser stable:

1978 FJ40
59,000 miles
Added mini truck power steering
Came with aluminum wheels and 33s
Body needs minor rust repair - very solid frame.
Rancho 5000 shocks
Engine has a knock so am in process of an engine swap.
Plans for an Aussie in the rear, 4 inch lift, front bumper with winch, sliders, etc.

1984 FJ60
200,000 miles
Rebuilt engine with less than 5,000 miles
Came from the south so very little rust
31x10.50x15s on stock wheels
Completely stock except for tires.
For sale soon. Need to deal with some carb issues first.

1994 FZJ80
130,000 miles
OME heavy suspension
ARB Winch Bumper
Warn 9000 Winch
7 pin mod
Center Diff Lock switch
Factory lockers
295x75x16 tires on stock wheels
Next mod is sliders.
IMG_8877.JPG
IMG_8875.jpg
IMG_8874.jpg

Last edited:
x factor - Bill Ernst

Germantown,Illinois is where we currently reside.

I've been happily married to Vicky since '94, no kids. We enjoy scenic road trips, bicycling, motor sports, camping and of course offroading. I've worked in collision repair for 20 years and spent a few years in construction (framing and concrete).

Member of the Hoosier Cruisers and TLCA since '08. Started wheelin' in '07, first event was the 1st annual Chicago Toyota Jamboree.

1984 SR5 extra cab mini
repectfully named: Alice in Chains (my mother Alice, passed away on the first day I drove it after finishing the custom flame job)
Mods:
flamed paint job
flat bed with flamed tail lights
high clearence rear bumper
rock sliders
17 gallon fuel cell
3" body and drivetrain lift for flat belly
ooogah horn
Rochester 2bbl carb
barbed wire grille
rock lights
dash mounted and center hump mounted "oh $hit" bars for the wife
skull shifter knob
dash mounted CB
custom front winch bumper
Warn M8500M (M8000 body and M9000 motor)
22R rebuilt at 150,000
32"x11.5"x15" B.F.Goodrich KM muds
64" Chevy springs/ rears up front with 2 2wd leafs added
14" Ranchos rear/ 12" Ranchos front
cross over steering w/'01 Nissan Frontier steering box
duel alternators stock for main power and Chevy 95 amp for back up and winch duty
duel rear battery mounts

HPIM1981.jpg

Last edited:
Hellow I'm kinnards80 Dave and Dawnn.
We have had our 91' fj80 6 years now it has 264,000 miles now all original, I have just started my mods. In the last month I have redone the exhaust, bumpers, tires, and I have a lift to put on. The wife and I are driving it to Utah in two weeks for a much needed vacation.
My hobies are wrenching, I love my guns, fourwheelers, and most of all my family.
We hope to meet you all at atica in a month.

my mud name is wrenchtwister-John suddeth
I work for carl at outback
i have been a hc member for two weeks
dont have a rig yet but im getting jimmys 80 off of him
i live in greenfield with my girlfriend and i have three boys two 5 and one 3
I hope to become a very active member in the club.

Hey guys, my name is John, and I've been lurking around for a couple months now, so I thought I'd finally speak up and say HI! I live north of Indy in the little one stoplight town of Cicero. So far not married, no kids ;p Hoping to get to meet some more local cruisers (and non-cruisers), gain some more knowledge and have some fun!

1994 FZJ80 "Stormtrooper"
148,000 miles, Locked x3
5 inch OME
ARB winch bumper
Snorkel
Slee DC Front Driveshaft
15lb Ultimate Air setup
IPF 800xs auxiliary lights
315/75-16 Firestone Destination M/T's on Black Rock Crawlers

First pic is my rig, second is my ugly mug on the 750 mile trip home from picking it up :steer:
DSC04034.jpg
DSC04000.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, my name is John, and I've been lurking around for a couple months now, so I thought I'd finally speak up and say HI! I live north of Indy in the little one stoplight town of Cicero. So far not married, no kids ;p Hoping to get to meet some more local cruisers (and non-cruisers), gain some more knowledge and have some fun!

1994 FZJ80 "Stormtrooper"
148,000 miles, Locked x3
5 inch OME
ARB winch bumper
Snorkel
Slee DC Front Driveshaft
15lb Ultimate Air setup
IPF 800xs auxiliary lights
315/75-16 Firestone Destination M/T's on Black Rock Crawlers

First pic is my rig, second is my ugly mug on the 750 mile trip home from picking it up :steer:

With that avatar, you will have no problem fitting in with these clowns.
Welcome John.....nice looking 80! Bring it down to the Badlands in a couple weeks.

Kosmo or

Okay, I just got back from a 5 hour drive from Land of Cleves in my new to me 1984 FJ60. I don't remember all the order to what I'm supposed to type since I'm drinking beer and running back and forth to the driveway to look at my most recent kill...that's what my wife calls my wheeled conquests.

I bought an FJ Cruiser in '08 when I accidentally started researching it as a possible replacement for my wifes leased 4rnr Limited V8. Turns out she doesn't like the FJC...she got a BMW 335i, I traded my Dodge 4 door Laramie in for no good reason other than a wild hair. I'm happy...she's happy...except in the winter.

I went to Cruise Moab this year after only dabbling in Moab prior to FJ Summit in Ouray last year. For some reason, when I got back I sold my wifes "winter" car, a Jeep TJ, and bought a 1984 FJ60. I'm happy...she's happy...so far.

I'm not a HC member yet due to the fact I'm too lazy to print out the application and send it in. I will, I will.

OK, I went and looked at the instruction...

My FJC is an '08 6MT. Currently it's carrying a Demello front bumper with Warn M8000 winch. The breathing has been eased with an AFE intake, Doug Thorley Y-pipe and a Magnaflow exhaust routed behind the rear wheel. I have a 3" lift from Toytec and Icon front and rear respectively, a Baja Rack on top and some Acro lights in the bumper. My sliders are bent, fabbed and installed by yours truly. Inside I'm carrying a bunch of stuff including a CB and socks. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

My new toy is the FJ60. It's stock, except for a Smittybilt front bumper...blech.

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg

P1000552.jpg

The ladies mistake me for Matthew McConaughey all the time...silly ladies, I don't trifle. I grew this sweet 'stache to keep 'em away, that's why I'm still single.

Uglydude.jpg

I live on the SE side of Indy, kinda out in the farms but still in Indy. My wife says my hobby is having hobbies, I think she's right. Currently, those hobbies seem to revolve around things with wheels, gunpowder, fire and booze. I'm really hooked on the Cruisers and I'm hoping to learn to wrench on them a bit more now that I have a strong candidate for some repairs. My FJC is not really demanding too much attention yet but could probably use some TLC. I'm mechanically inclined but lack alot of patience, my doctor says I have AD...did you see that thing?

Last edited:
...hobbies seem to revolve around things with wheels, gunpowder, fire and booze...

Oh, you're gonna fit right in w/ this crowd :hillbilly:

Welcome, and nice rigs!:beer:

Kosmo,
It's Jimmy, we talked earlier this week.

I'm off next weekend and have the need to shoot my 9 and 40.:hillbilly:

timmbuck2 - visiting Indy

Hey guys, wanted to say hi! I live in Denver but will be working in Indy for the next 6 months or so, I am up in Carmel every week from Mon-Thur. Hope to spend an occasional weekend out here, I have family in Ft. Wayne and random small Illinois towns. :)

I am a member of Rising Sun in Denver, and I have been on the Cruise Moab committee the past couple of years. Hope to see some of you out there again this year! I am also the Executive VP of the TLCA. I would love to hear from you if you have any comments or suggestions for the TLCA or Cruise Moab.

MUD Name: timmbuck2

I have 2 80's at home, but drive a 2010 Jetta TDI daily. My trail rig is a 97 LX450 with the OME 2.5" lift, 35's, Slee step sliders, ARB Winch front bumper, dual lockers, random HAM equipment, big ass roof rack. Lucky enough to live 5 miles from Slee, and Robbie (powderpig) has down a lot of work on this rig (head gasket, new radiator, etc). The other 80 belongs to the :princess: and is a pretty stock 97 LC with dual lockers.

Let me know if you need help wrenching during the week or just want someone to hang around and watch you wrench while I drink a few beers. :) Hope to meet some of you while I am in town. Thanks!!

Timm

Hey Timm. Welcome to Indiana and the HC gang. We are having a tech day (see the thread) on Jan. 15 in the Greenwood area. It is an all day affair which includes lots of food, annual meeting to set our schedule, tech work as well as target practice (bring watcha got). We always have a great time. Hope to see you there.

Sounds like a perfect day, but I will be in California that weekend. Thanks, hope to meet some of you some other time!

Timm

Hey Timm. Welcome to Indiana and the HC gang. We are having a tech day (see the thread) on Jan. 15 in the Greenwood area. It is an all day affair which includes lots of food, annual meeting to set our schedule, tech work as well as target practice (bring watcha got). We always have a great time. Hope to see you there.

natetru- nathan trueblood
orestes,in(off sr 28 near elwood)
1988 toyota 4runner
3.0 5 spd
33 m/t mtz
toytec/dakar lift
bumpers/sliders/winch
i am an industrial mechanic who wheels way less than he wants. met tonyota yesterday and am hoping to increase the wheeling factor thru ih8mud
feel free to send me some info on hc, thanks

adrenalinefjz80 - Brent

Year: 1994 Landcruiser w/diff locks
Mileage: 180K
Mods: Stock for now as daily driver, tow rig, occasional offroader
Pics:

IMG_7943.JPG

IMG_7944.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom