Best Seat Covers - Anyone using Neoprene? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rbfilms.com
I am looking for a set of seat covers for another cruiser I purchased. The options are micro-fiber, saddle blanket material, synthetic leather, and neoprene.

I am wondering of anyone has experience with Neoprene Seat covers. I would think they would make you sweat, break down in sunlight, and emit an odor after a while.

Any feedback on what seat covers you have and what you like or do not like about them would be appreciated.

I have used lambs wool.Never hot,never cold. If it gets dirty throw it in the wash and let air dry. MIke

I got a friend with 47k on his LX and he is using SOR Tuff Duck covers and they are great!

This was before I tore his truck apart for leather patterns and after I put new leather in his LX, might look into those.

Shane

Sorry, forgot to mention that they can't be made of any animal products. The person it is for would not have any of that.

I have used lambs wool.Never hot,never cold. If it gets dirty throw it in the wash and let air dry. MIke

Yes, and you sold me one of the first sets I believe. I have them in my 1997 Lexus. You can see the passenger seat in this pic. I will have to take a few more.

The Tuff Duck covers look like they do not fit all that well. You liked them> I would trust your opinion since you make great leather kits for these trucks..:)

I got a friend with 47k on his LX and he is using SOR Tuff Duck covers and they are great!

This was before I tore his truck apart for leather patterns and after I put new leather in his LX, might look into those.

Shane
Magnum Remote.jpg

They are NOT tight, that is for sure as the material is pretty ridged, I will be getting them for the middle row as my Lab own the rear on my 100. If you have to have something tight I have no idea. The least seat covers I have with the old saddle blanket style with a rifle sleeve in the front.

My buddy is SUPER ANAL and he is 100% happy with them.

Just my .02

Wet Okole is Neoprene..correct? I was looking at these but figured it would make you sweat. Not good...!!

I have heard this elsewhere as well. They are off my list...to many people have mentioned the Swamp *** issue with Wet Okole and Neoprene covers like them ...:)

Wet Okle.

Neoprene = swamp butt.

This is for a girl's rig. She was looking at Microfiber so I think Tuff Duck would not quite be the same eh? :)

The Saddle Blanket material looks good. I have seen those online. Is it a soft material?

The Microfiber gets good reviews for wear, tear, and stain resistance. Easy to clean too...just throw them in the wash like a set of clothes.

They are NOT tight, that is for sure as the material is pretty ridged, I will be getting them for the middle row as my Lab own the rear on my 100. If you have to have something tight I have no idea. The least seat covers I have with the old saddle blanket style with a rifle sleeve in the front.

My buddy is SUPER ANAL and he is 100% happy with them.

Just my .02

Last edited:
I met a fellow mudder the other day and he had neoprene covers which looked great. I used the canvas ones that never fit too well but had the leather replaced on the drivers seat cushon for $250 recently so am riding without covers again. Not sure about swamp a$$ but they looked very nice on his rig.

Sorry, forgot to mention that they can't be made of any animal products. The person it is for would not have any of that.

Arn't the factory seats leather? (animal product):hmm:

I have had good luck with the saddle blanket

I'm very happy w/ the SOR Tuff Duck covers in both my 80's. As mentioned they fit nice and tight to the seats.

I have the gt seat covers. They are a canvas material and i really like them.

Hey FilmPros:
That's a tough quandary. I have a set of Shane's seats on my LC, very nice, and I will do that again in my next FZJ-80 platform. I have vinyl seats in my FJ40, and I have Wet Okole Neoprene on another Toyota used for daily commuting, 2 hours a day, in Virginia. The Wet Okole only smells like neoprene for a couple of weeks when brand new, is not more sweaty than any of the other seats I have, and is certainly more comfortable and less sweaty than the vinyl. My spouse has never had a problem with this seat cover in over 95K miles of commuting summer and winter, and the seat covers have held up really well. The padding inherent in the wet okole also makes them smooth and comfortable, more so than SOR tuffduck. You may want to keep Wet Okole's on your list while you research more.

Yes, which is why she wants them covered. She is Vegan ... no meat, cheese, dairy, or even Honey in her diet ... nothing that comes from an animal. She does not wear leather shoes, belts, or have any furniture in the house that is covered in any animal hide, fur, or animal skins.

Arn't the factory seats leather? (animal product):hmm:

I have had good luck with the saddle blanket

I get mixed reviews on the Wet Okole products. Everyone agrees they fit and look great. There is no question about that.

However, more than half the people say they make you sweat and less than half says they do not.

Have you ever driven without the AC on a hot day?

Hey FilmPros:
That's a tough quandary. I have a set of Shane's seats on my LC, very nice, and I will do that again in my next FZJ-80 platform. I have vinyl seats in my FJ40, and I have Wet Okole Neoprene on another Toyota used for daily commuting, 2 hours a day, in Virginia. The Wet Okole only smells like neoprene for a couple of weeks when brand new, is not more sweaty than any of the other seats I have, and is certainly more comfortable and less sweaty than the vinyl. My spouse has never had a problem with this seat cover in over 95K miles of commuting summer and winter, and the seat covers have held up really well. The padding inherent in the wet okole also makes them smooth and comfortable, more so than SOR tuffduck. You may want to keep Wet Okole's on your list while you research more.

I get mixed reviews on the Wet Okole products. Everyone agrees they fit and look great. There is no question about that.

However, more than half the people say they make you sweat and less than half says they do not.

Have you ever driven without the AC on a hot day?

I have them in one of my FJ 40's and it does not have AC. They are warm in the winter vs leather/vinyl and are cooler in the summer vs the same. They fit very tight, add support and also have options like heat and lumbar support (Of which I did not choose). No problems what so ever.

Really...are the Wet Okole products using a different type of Neoprene perhaps? They claim to use the best material and that it is different than other types of Neoprene covers on the market.

I have them in one of my FJ 40's and it does not have AC. They are warm in the winter vs leather/vinyl and are cooler in the summer vs the same. They fit very tight, add support and also have options like heat and lumbar support (Of which I did not choose). No problems what so ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom