Ironman 4X4 suspension lift kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ809496TLC

80 series addict
Threads
Anyone running the 6"+ lift kit? :confused:

is that sold in the U.S.? I have seen the big Dog or Bull Dog they sell down under, but this is new to me.

Last edited:
The owner of Camel 4x4 will be at our local GCLC meeting tomorrow. If you have any questions let me know.

Are there any free samples? :D Just curious how they perform both on/offroad. How they compare to OMEs, Slee's and other suspension kits? Thanks.

I'm surprised that I saw no bushings in his product line up!

Does anyone know if they can get any Ironman product? Doesn't Ironman make bumpers for the 80 as well?

I'm surprised that I saw no bushings in his product line up!

They're in there. Click on the suspension, click on polyurethane products and then click on caster bushes.

interesting to note that the 6" lift is rated 'B' for performance, and the 4" lift is rated 'c' for constant load...perhaps a bit stiffer rate? and they have different shocks for the 4 & 6. can L's be enough for both 4 & 6" lifts? no specs on the foam cell shocks for valving...but they seem to be a decent price. wonder what the difference in their 2 6" lifts are...hmm. their bumpers look a hybrid of ARB bottom, and TJM hoops...

good to know another lift option is available for 80. were you able to find any reviews?

They're in there. Click on the suspension, click on polyurethane products and then click on caster bushes.

I should've been more clear; I meant suspension bushings, not just caster bushings.

"Note: Ironman advise that this kit should be used in competition vehicles only and is not suitable for use on-road without a state specific, Engineer’s Certificate." -

Ironman 4x4 Press Release

WTF? Is that just a legal formality in Australia?

That kit is sold in Venezuela, and I have heard good things about its off road performance, however it's pretty stiff on regular roads.

In Vzla most people go with OME, but IronMan sells the 6" with all their parts.

interesting to note that the 6" lift is rated 'B' for performance, and the 4" lift is rated 'c' for constant load...perhaps a bit stiffer rate? and they have different shocks for the 4 & 6. can L's be enough for both 4 & 6" lifts? no specs on the foam cell shocks for valving...but they seem to be a decent price. wonder what the difference in their 2 6" lifts are...hmm. their bumpers look a hybrid of ARB bottom, and TJM hoops...

good to know another lift option is available for 80. were you able to find any reviews?

These are good questions that jonheld can ask for us. No reviews found only forum discussions.

"Note: Ironman advise that this kit should be used in competition vehicles only and is not suitable for use on-road without a state specific, Engineer’s Certificate." -

Ironman 4x4 Press Release

WTF? Is that just a legal formality in Australia?

Yes, every thing suspension mod related has to approved by an Engineer. They don't want morons to install lifts and then break down in the middle of nowhere because rescue ain't easy or cheap!

That kit is sold in Venezuela, and I have heard good things about its off road performance, however it's pretty stiff on regular roads.

In Vzla most people go with OME, but IronMan sells the 6" with all their parts.

I would imagine that the reason that most Venezuelans go OME is because Funrace limits tire size to 33"s and the OME kit is plenty to fully stuff 33"s. Then there is the price issue, an OME kit of $700 is less than half of the Ironman $1800 6" kit. Just a thought.

Nice looking bumpers!

I thought so too. At one point, I was thinking about picking one up on one of my trips to Venezuela. If I had known there was an Ironman distributor in the US, I probably would have pulled the trigger when I had the money. Too bad I'm broke now :mad:.

Am I the only one that thinks ome/ironman/arb/tjm are tha same company? If not they have a serious lack of imagination when it comes to bumper design.......

D

Last edited:
I spoke at length with Eli about Camel 4x4. He's a Rover guy, but is really into supporting 4x4s and outdoor activities. We literally bumped into each other in a bank parking lot. He was checking out my truck and we started talking. I invited him to our January club meeting.

He gets regular container shipments from OZ (every 3 months or so) and has warehouse space down in Edison, NJ. Everything ships from there, but locals can simply pick it up and save on shipping costs.

Anything that Ironman has he can get. He is very familiar with OME/IPF products. They seem to be his only competion.

It looks like several GCLC folks will be setting up 80s with his products in the coming months, and I think there are some Mud members that already have IronMan stuff. I realize this doesn't really answer your questions, but if I were to replace the OME Js on my truck I would strongly consider the IronMan product just based on the pricepoint alone. It's like 30% less than OME and I can pick it up 20 minutes from home.

He's a really nice guy. If you have questions about the products, just drop him a line. His contact info is on his website. I suggested he join Mud as a supporting vendor but I'm not sure if he has yet. Our meeting was yesterday and I was in a meat coma most of this morning.

BTW, his Rover now sports a GCLC sticker and he's agreed to be a supporting vendor for CMCC 2010 in July. He also wants to bang his truck around in the woods with us. Should be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom