100,000 mile service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello

My 99 cruiser is approaching 115k. Is there a major 100k service that should be done besides the timing belt/water pump? If so, what does it consist of. I have owned the car since 85k and haven't done anything except chance the oil. It is going on next week to have its timing belt and water pump changed and I was wondering if there is anything else I should have done.

Thanks in advance.

If it were me and nothing much had been done up to 115K, I'd go ahead and do ALL the fluids, including draining the radiator and new brake fluid. Change the fuel filter, spark plugs, serpentine belt, repack the front wheel bearings and replace the thermostat. Just my opinion. The water pump and timing belt are the expensive/hard part.

You might want to consider replacing the starter contacts or complete starter. Typically starter contact issues seem to start occurring in the 100-120K range.

You might want to consider replacing the starter contacts or complete starter. Typically starter contact issues seem to start occurring in the 100-120K range.

That's probably a good idea while you're in there. Mine croaked around 80K.

Toyota recommendations?

I just hit 100K in my 2001 LC. Are changing belts recommended or just have them checked out? I don't want to do anything I don't HAVE to do!

But I do see advantage of draining all fluids.

Anything else other than above? My starter seems fine and strong.

I just hit 100K in my 2001 LC. Are changing belts recommended or just have them checked out? I don't want to do anything I don't HAVE to do!

But I do see advantage of draining all fluids.

Anything else other than above? My starter seems fine and strong.

the timing belt is the biggie - the accessory belts are cheap insurance while you are in there and have already taken them off to get into the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom