Shaky Dashboard Fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FloridaFJ80

Roaming Land Cruiser Heaven
Threads
Website
www.landcruiserheaven.com
So I was tired of having my dash rattle everytime I went over a bump or off road. So I went ahead and did this fix. The pics i got from Prado point. Hope this helps...

I removed the air bag (difficult), checked the broken clips.

The reason the dash rattles mainly on passenger side is due to the two reinforcement nuts on the driver side. (It attaches the dash to the dash cross bar)
Replacing the broken clips would be a waste of time, it will keep on snapping.

Got the triangle shaped bracket (perfect size, galvanized, construction bracket)

Marked and drilled the left side of dash, unscrewed one of the dash cross bar’s nuts and installed bracket.

No other drilling required, It works perfectly, for now.

Marked the top of dash for every broken clip (for possible future drilling)
If problem persist I might consider putting self-taping screws in the marked spots.

clip_image002.jpg

clip_image003.jpg

clip_image004.jpg

clip_image005.jpg

clip_image006.jpg

clip_image007.jpg

My dash rattles and squeaks around the trim for the radio and heater controls. I have bought new clips from Toyota, but the problem remains. I think the holes are worn from taking it off too much. Was going to use silicone sealant to glue it in place (removable - just) Anybody got a better suggestion?

Mine has done the same. I would suggest maybe opening the clips a little wider and install. I have done this it helps some more.

good luck

did you happen to take the measurements between where you would put the self tapping screws in so i can make myself up a template without taking the dash off

So I was tired of having my dash rattle everytime I went over a bump or off road. So I went ahead and did this fix. The pics i got from Prado point. Hope this helps...

I removed the air bag (difficult), checked the broken clips.

The reason the dash rattles mainly on passenger side is due to the two reinforcement nuts on the driver side. (It attaches the dash to the dash cross bar)
Replacing the broken clips would be a waste of time, it will keep on snapping.

Got the triangle shaped bracket (perfect size, galvanized, construction bracket)

Marked and drilled the left side of dash, unscrewed one of the dash cross bar’s nuts and installed bracket.

No other drilling required, It works perfectly, for now.

Marked the top of dash for every broken clip (for possible future drilling)
If problem persist I might consider putting self-taping screws in the marked spots.

clip_image002.jpg

clip_image003.jpg

clip_image004.jpg

clip_image005.jpg

clip_image006.jpg

clip_image007.jpg

FloridaFJ80,
I hope you found this article helpful, this is my article, my pictures and workaround taken from: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/90series/files/jimgasper2003/
Did this on my last Prado which helped greatly.
Anyway, it is flattering to see others publish and benefit from it.
MUDIMIND.

It was a great help::: I found it on the PradoPoint forum... Very good article...

FloridaFJ80 said:
It was a great help::: I found it on the PradoPoint forum... Very good article...

Hi FloridaFJ80,
Thanks for your response.
I have sent you both a private message and an email yesterday, have you had the chance to take a look and respond?
Let me know..
MUDIMOND.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom