80 vs. 100 series brake pads: Picture (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
53402, Racine, WI and 92111 San Diego, CA
I haven't seen a picture of the comparison so here it is.

80 series brake pads vs 100 series brake pads

80vs100.jpg

ah, thanks for posting this comparison. which part of the 100's pad do they grind to fit in 80 caliper? or does it just slip in? it indeed has a bigger surface area for more friction (=stopping power):clap:

they slide strait in
you do need slotted rotors tho
the extra surfas aria makes excessive heat and tends to warp rotors
installing sloteds fixed the problem and the pads seem to last longer when 4wding in mud

they slide strait in
you do need slotted rotors tho
the extra surfas aria makes excessive heat and tends to warp rotors
installing sloteds fixed the problem and the pads seem to last longer when 4wding in mud

I have not heard about slotted rotors. I though people were just installing oem rotors when switching to 100 series pads! That's what I did.

Sorry, I have heard of slotted rotors, but have not heard of warpage due to using 100 series pads and the need tof sltted rotors!

Thanks for posting the pics, does anyone know if these are the same brake pad for your 96 as they are for a 92 (fzj80 vs. fj80)? Do you have the year or part # for the 100 series replacement pads you ordered? I may have to do this mod; with the extra weight/larger tires I have now my cruiser definately doesnt stop as well.

I haven't seen a picture of the comparison so here it is.

80 series brake pads vs 100 series brake pads

80vs100.jpg

As far as I know... They will not fit the '92 FJ80... only '93 FZJ80 and later 'till '97???

The earlier FJ80 have 15" Wheels and the brakes are diferent... AFAIK...

Thanks, Any idea on swapping to different calipers such as the fzj or 4 runner calipers?

As far as I know... They will not fit the '92 FJ80... only '93 FZJ80 and later 'till '97???

The earlier FJ80 have 15" Wheels and the brakes are diferent... AFAIK...

They do not fit the 91-92 FJ80s...I learned this one the hard way. Neither will the rotors.

I'm about to do this upgrade and need some clarification: I am NOT supposed to use the "no squeal" shims with the 100 pads, right? Do you, instead, recommend using the spray-on anti-squeal stuff?

Right... The reason for not using the shims is that the fit is so tight that they will not fit... you could reinstall them (shims) after the pads wear a bit.

I found no need to spray on any material and the shims are not making any noise... the 100 pads felt to me to have a kinda rubberized coating anyways (I could be wrong maybe is was all the chemicals I was exposed to) :p

Also I believe that the Spray on anti-squeal stuff is made just to be sprayed on your disks to clean them, this way removing any contaminant between your disk and pads that might be making them squeal/noise. This spray is not meant to go between your pads and pistons (as far as I know)... Having said that its always a good idea to spray on disk cleaner and make sure that your disks are very clean before installing your pads.. and try not to get grease (from fingers) on your pad surface:D

This thread is perfect timing. I need to replace rear pads and calipers on my 94. If I read this correctly I just need to order 80 series calipers and 100 series pads...or should I order the 100 series calipers as well?

This thread is perfect timing. I need to replace rear pads and calipers on my 94. If I read this correctly I just need to order 80 series calipers and 100 series pads...or should I order the 100 series calipers as well?

100 series calipers won't fit. Only the pads fit, and only in the front.

And the 100 series is what years? '98 through . . . ?

Yeah I searched around and couldn't find the specific answer.:flipoff2:

'98-XXXX

Call Cruiserdan and you will get the right parts. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom