FJ60/62 Rear Bumper Kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fourrunner

SILVER Star
Threads
KITS STILL AVAILABLE as of 5/22/2023

• Parts are precision laser cut out of 1/4" mild steel (recovery points are cut out of 1/2" steel).
• Bumper kits can come with no holes, one hole or two holes for the tire carrier spindles.
• Bumper mounting brackets come bent without mounting holes (allows end user to determine desired position on the vehicle).
• Optional tire carrier kits available in multiple configurations.
• Optional arm locking plate and pin available.
• Bumper comes in flat pieces ready to be welded together.
• No receiver parts included (no hole in the bumper for receiver provisions).
• See the end of this posting for kit pricing (PM or email me with any questions you may have)
• Instructions included with the kit

Please fill out this Google Form for easier notification and all available options and pricing for each.

FJ60 and FJ62 Rear Bumper Kit Form

You can view the entire build thread at this link:

Rear Bumper Build

Here are a few pics of the bumper and tire carrier on my truck.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Basic Bumper Kit

Kit contains these parts (does not include any tire carrier hardware, see below for tire carrier options/pricing):
rearbumperexplodeddiagram.jpg

AVAILABLE OPTIONS
1. Tire Carrier (Single or Dual Arm)
2. Swing Arm Stop Pin Mechanism

Tire Carrier Info

The basic tire carrier kit includes the following:
Single - one horizontal swingout arm, vertical support for tire carrier, round plate for mounting the tire (correct hole pattern for Toyota, can make other patterns upon request), one 1-3/4" spindles, one bearing kit which include two 2 sets of bearings, seal, cap, castle nut, and cotter pin.
Dual - two horizontal swingout arms, vertical support for tire carrier, round plate for mounting the tire (correct hole pattern for Toyota, can make other patterns upon request), two 1-3/4" spindles, two bearing kit which include two 4 sets of bearings, two seals, two caps, two castle nuts, and two cotter pins.

What is not included - no studs or lug nuts for the tire mount, no plastic arm supports (can be seen in the picture below)

Here are some pictures of a single arm setup. This setup uses the same bearing/spindle as the first one I built and what you see here in this thread. Some final welding/grinding/cutting is required.

Parts included with the Tire Carrier Kit (includes two horizontal swing arms and two bearing kits, only one of each pictured).
DSCN2923.jpg

Spindle, Hub and Bearings included with the kit
DSCN2924.jpg

Swing Arm Stop Pin Mechanism Kit
21573-1360696644-e3965cbc66071ae040ec04e4fed488e5.jpg

19541-1345643862-acefdeb36e37258048c2b4e18b4e3c5a.jpg

Bumper Kit and Optional Equipment Pricing

Pricing for Basic Bumper Kit

Basic Bumper kit (no tire carrier hardware included, holes optional in the top plate for pivot spindles) - $460.00 Plus Shipping

Pricing for Tire Carrier Systems

Single Swing out with tire carrier using hub with bearings (as shown in pictures above) - $300.00 Plus Shipping
Double Swing out with tire carrier using hubs with bearings - $520.00 Plus Shipping

*Tire carrier kits do not include the tire carrier plate studs, lug nuts, or white plastic shim as seen in the last picture.*

Pricing for Swing Arm Stop Pin Mechanism
Single swing arm (includes a spring pin and locking plate) - 40.00 Plus Shipping
Dual swing arm (includes two spring pins and two locking plates) - 55.00 plus shipping

Last edited:
what does the $330 get us? Bumper and swing arms and everything in the 2nd pic?

Shipping costs to Denver, 80250?

It includes everything you see in the diagram (kinda hard to see...I apologize). The swing arms are 2X3 square tubing, so pretty easy to source yourself. I would guess around 50 bucks to ship to you. I just tried UPS (have a business account through them) and they are having site issues.

what does the $330 get us? Bumper and swing arms and everything in the 2nd pic?

Shipping costs to Denver, 80250?

Last edited:
I just tried UPS (have a business account through them) and they are have site issues.

I'm having the same problem, sent UPS a tech support email and their reply was no help....not sure they realize they have a problem.

EDIT: I just tried it again on their website and it is fixed.

It includes everything you see in the diagram (kinda hard to see...I apologize). The swing arms are 2X3 square tubing, so pretty easy to source yourself. I would guess around 50 bucks to ship to you. I just tried UPS (have a business account through them) and they are have site issues.

Just checked UPS site again and it comes to about ~$47 to you (80250).

Would you consider making a kit with the swing arms and spindles, everything as pictured in your middle pic? If so I'd be very interested.

At this point, I am not interested in making a completed bumper. For shipping convenience, shipping a flat piece of steel is way easier.

Got my bumper from FourRunner a couple days ago. might be a bit before I can start piecing it together, but it looks good. 1/4" steel. 1.75" hole pre-cut for spindles. 1/2" tow points.

I got my spindles and bearings from a trailer supply company. lots of farm stores carry all this stuff. Bearings, races, and seals are in a kit. standard Redline trailer products. the spindle is 1.75". Redline product # R20484.

Ordered a hub from 4x4 | Jeep Accessories & Truck Parts | Wheels & Tires | Off Road Parts - 2000# hub. fits the 1.75" spindle.
Product #DIY0012B -- Bearing Housing - For use with 2000 lb. Spindle $19.95 each.

Latches from Reid Supply - TC-331-RSS - toggle lock and stainless steel. little pricey $48 each on Amazon. But very stout, and stainless.

still need to get a quick-release pin. this isn't a required item i guess. just prefer it.

will post pics once i start the welding.

After maybe a month of talking with Mark I finally bit the bullet and bought his last kit remaining from the initial cut. He shipped it Friday and I got it today (Wednesday). It looks great. All 1/4" plate with 3/4" tabs on the tow points. He even gave me a round plate for the spare (already cut to toyota bolt pattern).

Mark is an exceptional help to anything having to do with this, he's answered every one of my questions during this process and keep giving me advice on what he did and what works/what doesn't.

Here's just a couple pics that i snapped right before I got on the computer (sorry for quality, iPhones ain't no dSLR). I almost felt bad for the mailman who had to pull up into my driveway to hand the box of parts...damn thing must of weighed 40 pounds.

cc7f75b5.jpg

6e2bf344.jpg

9ed4f515.jpg

39c24bda.jpg

Does anyone still have any interest in these kits? I am up for one but need 3 more takers for a trip to the CNC house...

Texas contacted me and wondered if I was still making these. I shipped the first 5 that I cut and would need another 3 to get more cut. If you are interested, let me know.

Any chance you will "open-source" these designs for non-commercial use?

(hope that is not a rude question,please excuse me if it is)

Any chance you will "open-source" these designs for non-commercial use?

(hope that is not a rude question,please excuse me if it is)

Kinda defeats the purpose of selling the kit, eh?

It's a lot of work to develop a bumper and have it made like fourrunner has done. His time is worth the money.

Kinda defeats the purpose of selling the kit, eh?

It's a lot of work to develop a bumper and have it made like fourrunner has done. His time is worth the money.
I completely agree with you. My question wasn't an attempt to get something for nothing. I simply wanted to know that if he was done with his production run, if that would be an option!

( I just realized the original thread was only from a month ago :eek: ) Sorry!

Bumpers look great!

Wish I could, but have hours upon hours of time into this design as GLTHFJ60 said. Thanks for the bump and the compliments, Zhenya. Need to recoup some of the cost of the prototype work I had done (plus time). Question for those who bought one of the first five...anyone built theirs yet? One more of these and will get another batch ordered.

Not yet Mark, still sadly sitting on the garage floor. I did remove the hitch, start grinding off the old rivets for the factory bumper, and new hardware for it.

I got all the spindles/hubs too, thanks for the advice on where/what you got. You are right about 4" being plenty for the spindle stub, i got the 6.5" one....that's quite a bit more than I need.

For anyone who needs to get tire carrier materials for this specific bumper:
Bearing Kit for #84 Spindle, L44649/L68149 Bearings, 10-19 Double Lip Seal BK2-100 - etrailer.com
Spindle 1.75" RD x 6.5" STUB R2061-284 - etrailer.com
Grease Cap, 1.986" OD Drive In RG04-020 - etrailer.com
Bearing Housing - For use with 2000 lb. Spindle :: Fabricator Parts :: Competition 4x4

(and you can get the 1.75"x4" spindle, 6.5 is way overkill)

Thanks for the updates. Taking out the factory rivets is a serious pita. The trick I used was center punch the rivet and drill a 3/16 hole all the way through. Then I would drill the head off the rivet until I hit the frame. I used a drift punch and they came right out. Took some time, but nice to use factory holes.

Thanks for putting those links up. The spindle/hub combo works very well and is much cheaper than most kits out there. Took me a some time to find all the necessary pieces for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom