Garage thread KDJ90 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm thinking of mounting this on this weekend, but I don't know where to put the tweeter. Any suggestions? Is it possible to fit it in the A-beam?

Everything is possible. ;) I put them to that door mirror plastic triangular... what it´s name is?
Please send me some pictures of the doorskin, so that I can see how the front speakers are mounted originally... :D

oemfrontspeakers.jpg

Don't understand. Pic?

I found one:
tweetert.jpg

Not the best place, but if you do some bracket which turn it more to your ears, I think it´s good enough and easy too.

There is a round tube which contact the speaker, about 3 cm high, inside the door skin. You can modified it by knife to mach the height of your new speaker.

Did the dynamat do any difference?

Not much. :frown: I wished more. But the front speakers sounds better.

The car is not noisy, but silence inside the car would be luxury. :cool: The exhaust is the noisiest part... selfcaused problem.

Here are the wheels I'll be using winter time

First thing is to get the rims blastered and painted though :(
1257685127_resized.jpg

Anyone with paint suggestion? I was thinking about black - could anyone photoshop them black on my car? :)

Are these from Land Cruiser 120-series? If they are, the offset is +30, means that they´ll go 15 mm more inside than original wheels. I think 0 offset is very optimal for 265 or 285 tires. That mean you´d need some spacers to get it look good. What tires have you thought?

Black paint would be nice for silver car. Go ahead! :cool: Maybe that bullbar would be black too, and those running boards should replace to same colour tubetype rock sliders too. Mine should do the same thing...

And tinted rear windows, of course. Darker than in those pictures. I have some sun reflective type films in my 90.

Last edited:
Are these from Land Cruiser 120-series? If they are, the offset is +30, means that they´ll go 15 mm more inside than original wheels. I think 0 offset is very optimal for 265 or 285 tires. That mean you´d need some spacers to get it look good. What tires have you thought?

Black paint would be nice for silver car. Go ahead! :cool: Maybe that bullbar would be black too, and those running boards should replace to same colour tubetype rock sliders too. Mine should do the same thing...

And tinted rear windows, of course. Darker than in those pictures. I have some sun reflective type films in my 90.

Yes, they're from the 120's series...
Would spacers work, or will I damage the bearing/axles?
They're fitted with Nokian Hakkepelitta 5, 265/65-17. I'm thinking of going with 265/70-17 next time, lack of tires in that dimension though...

Window tint and black painted bullbar is also on mind ;)

quite cold outside this afternoon;
Here was -22°C.
smow.gif

Do you use spacers with those 120-series wheels? I think they are too much inside without.

Here was -22°C.
smow.gif

Do you use spacers with those 120-series wheels? I think they are too much inside without.

I couldn't use the 120-wheels. The center "cup" , protecting the wheel bearings, is stopping the rim from fitting properly. I must put spacers on, but I don't know if the threaded taps will be to short in that case, so I'm trying to sell them... :(

If someone knows what spacers that will solve my problem, I'll buy them right away, but I don't have the patiance to trail and error my self...

EDIT: -16°C is quite cold thinking of how much south I live. In northern sweden there was -40°C today
smow.gif
smow.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom