craigslist FJ60 on Craigs. NA but the price is hilarious (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think he didn't mean to put the "1" in front of "8,750". :rolleyes:

I hope to god he didn't mean to. Unless he thinks that since low mileage 40s go for that much, why not!?

Ha Ha!

So glad I saw this... Made this rainy Monday a little better... haha

FJ60

Nope, he meant to put the one in front of the 8750. I e-mailed him and asked him about his price. He told me that FJ60's with low mileage sell for around $20,000. :lol: Maybe FJ40's in great shape. I actually have had contact with this guy. He is a land lord/slum lord.

It is a nice 60 though. I agree, that $8000 would be about the upper limit of value.

It is the type that CCoT buys and flips. Maybe he can contact them.

My email to him:

More pictures and information, please. There must be some major modifications for the price you are asking. Lockers? Longfields? 4.88 R&P? SBC/NV4500 swap? Winch and custom bumpers? Tell me all about it. Thanks!

His reply:

Thanks for your interest in my 86TLC; the beauty of this vehicle is that there are no modifications and it is in top original condition with only 63,000 miles. I paid $18,500 in 2/07 to the original owner and at that time 2 other original gems had already sold in the $17,000-$20,000. range- if you check AutoTrader today, you will see 2 other low mileage original cruisers that are priced in that range. The modified cruisers usually started as high-mileage, fair condition trucks that needed repair or renovation to "look good" and appeal to a different buyer that an "original" in top original condition.

Evidently he is hoping to recoup some of azzzzzraping he already took.....

Good luck with the sale, Jeff. :lol:

My email to him:

More pictures and information, please. There must be some major modifications for the price you are asking. Lockers? Longfields? 4.88 R&P? SBC/NV4500 swap? Winch and custom bumpers? Tell me all about it. Thanks!

His reply:

Thanks for your interest in my 86TLC; the beauty of this vehicle is that there are no modifications and it is in top original condition with only 63,000 miles. I paid $18,500 in 2/07 to the original owner and at that time 2 other original gems had already sold in the $17,000-$20,000. range- if you check AutoTrader today, you will see 2 other low mileage original cruisers that are priced in that range. The modified cruisers usually started as high-mileage, fair condition trucks that needed repair or renovation to "look good" and appeal to a different buyer that an "original" in top original condition.

Evidently he is hoping to recoup some of azzzzzraping he already took.....

Good luck with the sale, Jeff. :lol:

and we have a runner up in the Darwin awards!:clap:

Oh snaps! he deleted the craigslist, he must have sold that GEM! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom