trail run of some sort, next weekend, 11-14 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright boys and girls, im getting stir-crazy and have to take my truck in the dirt soon. The last time I did was at the Fossil Creek clean-up, and there wasnt any wheelin involved. Im going to get out somewhere, doesnt even matter whether its slow rock crawlin or ticking off the miles doing some cross-country exploration. I'll go alone if I have too, but im sure there are a few of you guys that want to get out too. So throw out some ideas of where I could go, or where you want to.

Last edited:
well you could follow me to Baja next saturday, but i'll be gone for 9 days....

...and you'll have to help fuel up a couple trophy trucks.

So I take it you are still alive....the Baja trip might be a good one for you, maybe she will simmer down by the time you get back.....or you might get abducted and beheaded and save her the trouble :grinpimp:

I might be interested depending on what the miss has on the weekend schedule.

still alive, just a little off my backside missing. Baja would be really cool, but not a chance I could be gone for that long.

I think I have something of yours Shannon....

Shannon - head to Moab thursday. I plan sightseeing thursday and wheeling Fri/Sat with a return Sunday. Just a thought, but less than 9 days and a good dose of medicine!

FJ40LVR, dude, do you have my easy up tent? I guess I should get it back sometime. I've been meaning to ask but keep on forgetting to post up. O.k. crackheads, I mis-typed, and you know I meant Fossil Creek!! And I would be all over the quick Moab trip, except Thursday I have the kids because the wifes working, you going by yourself?

Fixed original post for you ladies.

FJ40LVR, dude, do you have my easy up tent? I guess I should get it back sometime. I've been meaning to ask but keep on forgetting to post up. O.k. crackheads, I mis-typed, and you know I meant Fossil Creek!! And I would be all over the quick Moab trip, except Thursday I have the kids because the wifes working, you going by yourself?

Yes I do - just noticed it today in the pool shed...I paused and said what the - where did this come from? Forgot about it after the clean up - I'll be in town for this meeting - I'll bring it down.

JJJ

So where are we going? I vote for either Florence Junction or somewhere around Sycamore Creek area. Just a day trip... All the womenfolk will be at the Fountain Hills Arts Festival :meh: so a Saturday trip sounds good.

... And I would be all over the quick Moab trip, except Thursday I have the kids because the wifes working, you going by yourself?

I am, for now, unless somebody wants to join in...

Florence Junction or somewhere around Sycamore Creek area sound good to me also.

I just got back from Mexico and I would of asked you to come along but I didnt think you could keep up so I didnt.:flipoff2:
mexico beach.JPG

some of my friends were talking about crown king but a sycamore rune would be fun to ?

I dont care which place we go, i've never been to either one. So the guys that have, you can decide which place to go, AND lead too!! Im up for anything from a 1/2 day to an all-day into-the-night run. Saturday is good. I would name a place to meet and time, but dont know anything about these trails. What can you tell me about them?

Well if it's point A to point B type wheeling we want then CK or SC would work. FJ has lots of small trails and fun obstacles. Lower / Upper Woodpecker are favorites plus we could just poke around some of the other stuff. Been wanting to get out there for a while!

What did you guys determine? Whos going and where?

I'm STILL voting for FJ over all others, justweldit's 3 text messages in 1 minute stating "Crown King" to the contrary... :rolleyes::lol:

Of course to make it more interesting I decided tonight to flip my rear springs. Works great and gives my 40 3 extra inches of wheelbase and centers the tires in the wheelwells.

But my driveshaft fell apart and it needs to be lengthened. By 3 inches.

Oh and the rubber brake line? It's like a piano wire.

And I need to trim the exhaust pipe.

None of these are all that big of a deal. Just need to source the parts (in 2 days!) and get them installed. Nothing like a deadline add a little motivation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom