Interco Super Swampers TSL S.S. 34x9.5x15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone ever used these on a 60/62?

Narrow S.S. | Interco Tire

NARROW S.S.

The Super Swamper TSL with the patented TSL tread design offers unsurpassed traction under the toughest of conditions. Nine years of developing and testing produced the ultimate tire tread design. Short, intermediate and long massive lugs are uniquely arranged, each proportioned and spaced to bite quickly and to self-clean rapidly. The overall design gives today's on-and-off-road driver a tire that is both directionally and laterally stable; unmatched in performance. This is an extremely aggressive design that requires strict attention to air pressure when run on the highway. The Narrow Super Swampers offer a taller sidewall and narrow tread for digging into the terrain.

SIZE INTERCO NUMBER WEIGHT TREAD PLY SIDE PLY SKID DEPTH TREAD WIDTH O.D. C.S. REVS/ MILE RIM MAX PSI MAX LOAD
34X9.50-15LT SAM-14 54 6 4 27/32 8.0 33.8 9.50 598 15x7 45 2370
9/34-16LT SAM-21 56 6 4 27/32 8.0 33.8 9.10 598 16x16.5 45 2370
34X9.50-16.5LT SAM-22 54 6 4 27/32 8.0 33.8 9.00 598 16.5x6.75 45 2370

If so what did you like dislike?

I'm sure they are great off road, but how about on road handling?

I've heard some pretty scary stories about on-road wet pavement traction with these, and other, super narrow tires. A friend had these on his Rover and loved them but said he had to remember to give adequate distance in front when it was raining because they would skate across wet pavement.

What sort of on-road mileage could you expect to get with these?

I also notice the good old TSL is now a special order only tire only available in 3 smaller sizes. Odd.

That is my main concern (on road handling), and I've read some reviews. Most are split (good and bad), but that seems like too much negative.

As for the life of the tire, I'm sure that would be low as well.

get the center lugs siped for half the tread depth and you will be just fine in the rain.

personally on these bigger trucks of ours i Usually hate the way a skinny tire looks, i think that anything 33"+ should be a 12.50 or bigger depending on tire size.
on the 31's and 32's a 10.50 will generally have to do cause thats about all that is made in a "flotation" sized tire, now if you go metric you can likely find something widr than 10.50 that is about 31" tall... but that would likely look kinda goofy too.

Last edited:
I had a set under my FJ40, and now they are with Crash_AB on his BJt60. I'm not sure he drives it much these days, especially in the current weather. He has a set of 35" BFG ATs that he uses for more of the street driving.

I daily drove a Heep with 38x13x16 TSL's for two years. Yes wet pavement traction is nearly nonexistant. As far as wear goes, let's put it this way...there was a trail of quarters behind me everywhere I went...

34x10.5 on a stock rim here. Good for muddy trails and snow, crap on ice. Siping would be a welcome addition.

Skinnies rule.

I like em tall and skinny.

square tires..

Don't get me wrong. I love interco tires to death (as long as they are not their street varieties) and have owned a lot of them. But honestly, you will never get the ride out of a set of swampers that a BFG or other radial will..

Don't get me wrong. I love interco tires to death (as long as they are not their street varieties) and have owned a lot of them. But honestly, you will never get the ride out of a set of swampers that a BFG or other radial will..
Three out of four of the BFG MT's on my 60 are out of round, they ride worse than the TSL swampers on my 40. Don't get me started on BFG's:mad:
I was a BFG fan for many years and hate to see that the current quality is total crap.

Other than that I agree, I love my bias ply Swampers on the 40 but I wouldn't recommend them for a daily driver.

BFG MT's go horrid fast if they start to wear poorly..

Agreed, I'm certain mine were egg shaped, they never would smooth out. I have a set of 36x12.5 on now, and the truck hasn't moved in months, it'll be interesting to see how big of a flat spot they have.

BFGs and Swampers are not comparable. if you need what a BFG offers then stay the heck away from Swampers. And if you need what a Swamper offers, forget BFGs.

I have three sets of the TSL in 34x9.50/16. Great tire in a light truck off road. Not so good under a heavy truck if you see any soft stuff. (Compared to wider TSLs and comparable tires... again, don't even try to but a BFG in for comparison).. But they are NOT a heavy duty tire. I have seen 4 different full size pickups destroy these on the front end of the truck due to weight loading. Literally destroy them on the road.

Under a '60 that (be honest now) sees a LOT more rod miles than trail miles... these are not a good choice. Without even getting into ride and noise concerns.

Under a flatbed 1st gen min with lockers at both ends with off road performance being first concern.... they are great.

Mark...

the only street my poor 60 has seen in the last year was when it touched the pavement out front of the house before going on the trailer for a trip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom