90 Day LV Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

landcrusher909

Athlete/Race truck driver/Hobbyist
Threads
Well here is the thread that started it all, https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj45-classifieds-corner/251588-66-fj45-lv-sale.html As the story goes the LV ended up in Orange County via Dan's place D'animal , The end of June I was talking to Rockcod and we were joking that all my Cruisers were running at the same time and I had nothing to work on :wrench: Well he sent me a pictures of the 1966 FJ-45 LV he had ppicked up from whitey and I called and said Ill take it/ He really did try to talk me out of it :D But I had a plan. :steer:
small_DSCF5548.JPG
small_DSCF5552.JPG
small_DSCF5554.JPG

LV Build

I picked up the LV from Tony and he even offered to let me use his trailer to get it home, 20 miles from home I saw the LV and trailer heading south and I was driving east :crybaby: a quick trip to a used tire shop and I was home :D The wife couldnt beleive her eyes :hmm: The LV stayed and so did my wife. again the words of Rockcod " you really need to see this first before you commit to this " well it was in my driveway and I was the Proud owner of an LV :grinpimp: Tony came by to get his trailer and for some reason after some cash was exchanged he qyickly left. Reminding me he really didnt want this to become a friendship Breaker , are you kidding I had something to work on and the goal was orange45's Labor Day Weekend 45 Run , we had 87 days to get ready :steer:
small_DSCN0149.JPG
small_DSCN0152.JPG
small_DSCN0168.JPG

Last edited:
This is going to take a while to explain and post all the pictures of this adventure, So I will post as much as I can day to day.

:popcorn::D:cool:

More Rust and once I had a chance to really look at the LV I started to form a plan , I threw my idea about getting this running for the 45 Run Tony thought it would be Cool, Georg ( orange45 ) had his own style as we all know ( That would be Rad, Dude ! ) let me know what you need. Rob ( Calstyl2 ) offered up whatever he had stashed and I know I had most of the major parts I would need in the back yard. So next it was time to start stripping it down
small_war wagon 019 (Medium).jpg
small_war wagon 023 (Medium).jpg
small_war wagon 025 (Medium).jpg

And to think I was going to part it out and scrap what was left :rolleyes: Long live the War Wagon!!!!!!

What you didn't show was the fiasco trying to get a non rolling vehicle on a trailer with make shift ramps, it was like the circus was in town :lol:

Whitey and I were going to load this thing up in a parking lot somewhere between my place and his place. There would have been no way we could have done it :eek: But, thanks to Dan and his Kubota tractor, the LV was loaded up, strapped down and ready to hit the road. Dan was really patient with Whitey and myself, he didn't laugh and call us names and tell us how ill-prepared we were. I am sure he and Micky had a good laugh after we left :D

As I was driving home with this thing, I kept asking myself, "What the hell are going to do with it????" Like I needed another project. I didn't even show it to my wife, I drug it straight to the storage yard and drove home without it. I figured it would be better that way, something about her not feeling the love for old, neglected, tired and abused cruisers. In the end, she was happy I sold it, but felt really bad for Wendy, knowing full well that Rob has a terminal sickness for Cruisers. Nice save on this one Rob!!!!!!

P.S. Did you get those tetanus boosters???????????

I still cant believe the war wagon runs! That trailer swap was classic, I am just glad Dan didnt break out a video cam and you tube it. We would have never lived that one down. Rob, you are cruiser certifiable! Nice work brother!!:beer:

LV

what are your plans as fars as the floors?

You will have to wait for th end if the Story for that answer :D

• Now it was time to get busy, I had a fresh box of grinding wheels , Cuttoff wheels and the torch bottles were full, and the power washer was all fueled up.
I was still taking inventory on what I was going to need to replace :hmm: EVERYTHING under this was rusted solid. but as I started taking things apart I found tha t alot of the bolts like for the seats Came out without a problem , others like the tranny hump refused to let go. :bounce:
small_DSCN0173.JPG
small_DSCN0171.JPG
small_DSCN0172.JPG

LV

Time was ticking and we really had to get busy, After pulling the seats and tranny hump it was time to start pulling the motor. This did not come easy, but with the help of my son William and his buddy Aaron after some grinding and cutting with the torch ( My new best friend ) we were ready to get busy with the help of my 40 and a 8000 lb wench we finally got it out.
small_DSCN0184.JPG
small_DSCN0185.JPG
small_DSCN0186.JPG

If you're ditching the heater, fan or any of that, let me know. I need it for my '45LV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom