Aug 7 - 9, Camping/Wheeling at Naches (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, we can work out details as the time gets closer. For those that don't have that much time on the weekend and just want to meet up on Saturday we will have meeting time/place to start the trail run. This will be kind of a pre-run as I will be spending an entire week two weeks later camping my way through the Owyhee's of Idaho again.

I have this on my calendar and wanted to see who else might be coming and number of nights stayed. Brian, what do you think of Crow Creek Campground again? That was pretty nice and lots of room to get the group together. If we got over early enough we might get be able to get the lower spot that was a little closer to the river. I have never been to Bumping Lake area but that may be an option too.

So,
1 - are you going
2 - are you (a)not camping and just running a trail Sat, (b)Camping Saturday night OR Friday night, (c) camping Friday AND Saturday, (d) what the hell, I'm moving in Thursday and maybe going home sometime Sunday :D

I am going to pencil my name in for at least one night camping, most likely on friday night after work and go home on sat night. I got some maintenance things that I need to do before I venture out too far. Now that I have my shop built, I got a place to work on my LC ....

We'll be joining in the fun this weekend. We plan on showing up early on Saturday (with a slight possibility of camping Friday night), running some trails and camping that night. There'll be three of us.

That'd be great if Wendy was able to make it. I just assumed that she'd be there. It's always good to have some women around to make fun of us guys, eh?

Victor, how about pics of the shop.

here is a couple of pics of current progress. Still lots more work to do, like final grade, paint, gutters, additional wiring and this fall I'll get it insulated and drywall...
IMG_0893_sm.jpg
IMG_0890_sm.jpg

Shop looks good, it went up quick! Let me know if you need a hand with the interior this fall.

Great looking shop, Victor. I'm very envious of it. How has it progressed since these photos were taken?

Brandon: Can I help with anything in preparation for this outing? Let me know if I can do anything to help out. Cheers.

I don't think there is too much planning needed. Farron and I are hopefully heading over Thursday afternoon. I think we'll camp at Crow Creek Campground, off of the Little Naches Rd. If Wendy is able to go, we'll head home Friday afternoon and pick her up after work then head back to camp and meet up with any of the Friday arrivals. I'll try and make up some signage point toward our camp area. If I find a primitive (no bathrooms but no fees) area close to the river would anyone prefer that? Having a "real" toilet close by can be nice. I can have some burgers/buns and such. If we don't go back and get Wendy, I'll have dinner on.

Primitive and close to the river sounds great!! And it's confirmed, now, that we'll be arriving Friday evening. Yee Haw. Hopefully I can keep the engine oil contained this time around, or at the very least remember to bring more than a half quart extra... lol

My new tires should be ordered tomorrow, as long as they are mounted in time Kaden & I will be there on Friday.

Just ordered a set of BFG LT255/75R17 KM MT's! They are in Arizona so the should be here by the end of the week!

mud-terrain-t-a-km.jpg

:beer:

I think I can make it. We had a blast last week running the 676 trail. I am not sure what the 696 is all about.

Primitive and close to the river sounds great!! And it's confirmed, now, that we'll be arriving Friday evening. Yee Haw. Hopefully I can keep the engine oil contained this time around, or at the very least remember to bring more than a half quart extra... lol

You better be able to keep the oil in this time. I don't want to have to do a rear main seal in the dirt in the woods :flipoff2:.

Wendy has that weekend off too. I think we may head over Thursday afternoon to get a good camp site and do some exploring up the Goose Prairie/Bumping Lake area. I'll try and get word out as to our location if I don't find anything at Crow Creek.

Will you should pick up a CB before we head up to Naches, you will have a much more enjoyable weekend!

I have a SWR meter to tune the antenna and can help you install it if you need a hand.
:D

Brian, I bought a radio a couple of weeks ago from Walcott. Just gotta plug it in, and tune the antenna. Bring your meter to Naches, we can tinker with it then. Thanks.

Get your tires mounted up yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom