4th Semi-Annual Granny Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sam's Granny is on her way and its time to head for the hills!:steer: She comes to town for 3 things - to eat Mexican food, see her grandson and go wheeling. This thread is to address one, maybe two, of these objectives. We are planning a run up to the Payson area to some new (pronounced lost:hmm:) trails near Pyatte. A little relief from the heat next Saturday, meet at the Maverick in Payson and begin from there. Meet time 9:30-ish. Details to be filled in as the time approaches.
payson_meet.gif

Last edited:
DO NOT POST THIS INFORMATION ON THIS BOARD.

It could be considered club business and should have been discussed in private at the monthly meeting.

Sam's Granny is on her way and its time to head for the hills!:steer: She comes to town for 3 things - to eat Mexican food, see her grandson and go wheeling. This thread is to address one, maybe two, of these objectives. We are planning a run up to the Payson area to some new (pronounced lost:hmm:) trails near Pyatte. A little relief from the heat next Saturday, meet at the Maverick in Payson and begin from there. Meet time 9:30-ish. Details to be filled in as the time approaches.

Hmmmmmmmm....can I make that drive two weekends in a row is the question...

... She comes to town for 3 things - to eat Mexican food, see her grandson and go wheeling. ...

We found a pretty good Mexican food place in Payson last time, so one more check mark?

BMAN - I did bring it up at the meet - I was just in the east parking lot clique - not the west parking lot.

The plan was wheel and eat - Sam's not wheeling yet by request of his mother...

The plan was wheel and eat - Sam's not wheeling yet by request of his mother...

Phil and I had this discussion the other night...It is perfectly safe, and / or downright acceptable to support an infants head/neck from trail motion with towels, shirts, misc. soft objects etc...My two seem to be pretty normal so far, and were both on a trail by 8 months!

Phil and I had this discussion the other night...It is perfectly safe, and / or downright acceptable to support an infants head/neck from trail motion with towels, shirts, misc. soft objects etc...My two seem to be pretty normal so far, and were both on a trail by 8 months!

I've had this discussion as well...Phil and I even talked towels, etc. I've had this discussion with Lynn as well:bang:. I think Sam's ready @ 13 months and would have a blast and I got him a b!tch!n car seat, but he'll wait until his mother and I have "this discussion" and agree.:frown:

Bump! Just a reminder - Saturday, Maverick gas station in Payson - 09:30-ish.

Sorry brother - I am out now, not gonna make it back home this W/E.

heck Liam was at CM at 4mo...and LOVED it!!

Great day on the trails, it was Blues Dawg, Brother Rob, my neighbors with their 4 grand kids in their stock Tacoma. We played on a couple of Payette obstacles, then went out the back way to 260. I only took a few pix.
7-25-2009_1.jpg
7-25-2009_2.jpg

Have run Payette a bunch of times, but never explored the surrounding area and there are some great places around there.:eek: Nice relatively unspoiled forest, good camping places, more wash to play in. At the top of the ridge it got very brush tight for a mile or so, then opened up as we got closer to 260.
7-25-2009_3.jpg
7-25-2009_4.jpg

It was a typical Pyatte day - cooler weather, clouds and sun mixed. no real rain to speak of but it was around us. Temps ranged 83 - 76 thru the day depnding on the location. It was really nice not going out the way we came in. Lots of options and cool stuff to explore in the future. OK, now the pictures - I didn't shoot to many either but first the grandmothers to whom this run was dedicated; Kevin giving the "momentum is not your friend" lesson and the stock Taco on the first obstacle.
grannies.jpg
class.jpg
Taco2.jpg

a few more pix - 1 more Taco, the natives were out (dirty windshield) and a natural planter
Taco1.jpg
BFL.jpg
natures_planter.jpg

and three of tools since he always posts pix of everyone else...
KP2.jpg
KP3.jpg
KP1.jpg

Great pictures - thanks for sharing. That lizard on the rock is huge!

Payette is always so camera friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom