Anyone interested in taking a HAM class? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
I'm thinking of taking a HAM license training class in early June. I believe the class is free (except you may need to buy a $20 book) and held in Cumming, Ga. on Saturdays through June.

Anyone else interested?

I am Ted, I have the book, ISBN 0945053452 and have been reviewing for the past 6 months.
Andrew
I'm thinking of taking a HAM license training class in early June. I believe the class is free (except you may need to buy a $20 book) and held in Cumming, Ga. on Saturdays through June.

Anyone else interested?

I'll get the details in the next few days but I'm thinking Sat. May 30th.

Ted,

I am out that weekend moving into my new place. How about another weekend.

Andrew
I'll get the details in the next few days but I'm thinking Sat. May 30th.

THese guys are having exams in Alpharetta

Remaining 2009 NFARL VE exam dates:

• May 16
  • July 18
  • September 19
  • November 14
Exams will be held at:
EOC Building behind Fire Station #1
2970 Webb Bridge Road
Alpharetta, Georgia
Testing begins at 10AM. We will accept walk-ins until 11:00AM.
Please bring with you:

• Exam Fee. Effective Jan 1, 2009, the fee will be $15.00.
  • Copy of current amateur license if you hold one.
  • A current valid photo ID such as a drivers license.
  • Social security number or you can obtain an FRN number by logging in to the FCC web site.
Special arrangements may be made for special testing cases.
More information about the examination process is available on our License Exam Information page.
Contact: Verne Fowler, ARRL VEC Liasion W8BLA w8bla@arrl.net 770 364 9500

I'm open, did not have a chance to call the guy today. I'll try this evening or tomorrow and post up the details.

Here's the scoop. The Forsyth County Amateur Radio Group is hosting a 5 week class. The next class is slated to begin in late June or early August but I am to be contacted with an exact date b/w now and then.

Forsyth ARES

Classes are held from 9AM-12PM every Saturday for 5 weeks and are located at the Forsyth County Sheriff's office in downtown Cumming, Ga.

They are also hosting a Field Day at the Cumming Fairgrounds the end of June.

So short story, I think I'm going to participate when the next class roles around, if anyone else interested let me know.

Last edited:
Ted if you want my ARRL book I will send it to you if the fairlead for the fj62 is coming to you.

Ted if you want my ARRL book I will send it to you if the fairlead for the fj62 is coming to you.

Yep, that'd be great. thx

You owe me ya know...lol. I got to see if I can dig it up. All I ask is to pass it along when your done as someone else needs it to keep my legacy of HAM going. lol

You owe me ya know...lol. I got to see if I can dig it up. All I ask is to pass it along when your done as someone else needs it to keep my legacy of HAM going. lol

Yep, agreed I do owe you one. Hopefully I can get you on helicopter pad one day. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom