New Tire? Goodyear Wrangler Authority A/T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cardomain.com
Anybody familiar with the Wrangler (Authority) A/T tire. I saw one at Walmart today and it was a very aggressive, damn good looking a/t. Came home and searched the net and found nothing. Anybody?

Can you find a pic? I am having no luck, but am very curious. I have been looking at the Hankook Dynapro MT, which is more of an aggressive AT

Talked to Goodyear directly and they stated that the tire is made specifically for Walmart and it is brand new. Called my local walmart and they were able to look it up only by size, not brand. The closest thing they came up with to a 285 was 265/75/16 ($165). If this tire starts coming in larger sizes and has any kind of sidewall strength, I have a feeling it will become very popular.

Check it out next time you're in Wally.

I think I saw them yesterday but I thought from a distance it was Toyo tread.

They where stacked in the bay and wally world. I enter through the back for a sneak attack.

Talked to Goodyear directly and they stated that the tire is made specifically for Walmart and it is brand new.

This is typically NOT a good thing. Made for Wal-Mart = made cheaper so Wal-Mart can undersell the competition. I try to avoid any product specifically made for Wal-Mart.

I think I saw them yesterday but I thought from a distance it was Toyo tread.

They where stacked in the bay and wally world. I enter through the back for a sneak attack.

Yep that was it. Definately Toyo-esque.

I know all the "big-box" stores do it, but I would shy away from the private label products. As soon as someone undercuts Goodyear, the Authority A/T will be replaced. Future warranty issues mean the tire will be replaced with whatever current A/T tire is on the shelf.

I was at my local walmart yesterday and I got to see the tires in person. The tires look pretty good and they are beffy

-Juan

This is typically NOT a good thing. Made for Wal-Mart = made cheaper so Wal-Mart can undersell the competition. I try to avoid any product specifically made for Wal-Mart.

I would not think that Wal-Mart would put out a bad tire. I am sure it is just like Pep Boys and there tires.

Wal-Mart is trying to get the farm/working trucks that get there oil changed and now sell them some BIG tires.

I am not a Goodyear fan but if I was I would take them for a spin.

Also I bet Sam's will have them also. I looked like a sweet tire.

My company sells several products to Walmart. All of them are "Walmart only" variants of what we sell nationally (although we do the same for Lowes, Home Depot, Target, Tractor Supply, et al) Playing by their rules requires us to down size packing or volume slightly (18oz vs 20oz) or limit the amount of active ingredients to reduce price and make Walmart seem more competitive. The same will certainly apply to Goodyear and other vendors that make a private line for Walmart. THAT is one of the many ways Walmart "appears" more competitive than everyone else. In reality, you (still) get what you pay for.

So.... they sell you a 33 and its a 32" tire ;)

Man, my hyjacking got not attention. Fail.

So.... they sell you a 33 and its a 32" tire ;)

Probably more like an E rated tire that acts like a C. It's interesting that the specs can't be found on the net. I didn't even see them on their website.

I make a very strong effort to never buy anything from walmart,,Have you watched the movie "the high cost of low prices" That being said I am currently running supertech full syn in both cars (I had a gift card to spend) I also bought my floor mats (again a gift card). other than that I have not spent any of my own money there in 2 years. A personal choice for the greater good of the country just my .02

X 2 just dont go in the store.

Get some Revos and be done with it..

ken
I make a very strong effort to never buy anything from walmart,,Have you watched the movie "the high cost of low prices" That being said I am currently running supertech full syn in both cars (I had a gift card to spend) I also bought my floor mats (again a gift card). other than that I have not spent any of my own money there in 2 years. A personal choice for the greater good of the country just my .02

I would not think that Wal-Mart would put out a bad tire. I am sure it is just like Pep Boys and there tires.

Wal-Mart is trying to get the farm/working trucks that get there oil changed and now sell them some BIG tires.

I am not a Goodyear fan but if I was I would take them for a spin.

Also I bet Sam's will have them also. I looked like a sweet tire.

Sure, it probably won't pull a Firestone/Explorer and blow out. But it probably won't last as long or work as well. That's the case with most Wal-Mart specific products.

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom