Conundrum of sorts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
So the clutch master cylinder in my wifes 66' LWB needs either a rebuild or replacement all together. As many of you know who have searched for these parts, they are unobtanium. The master kit was discontinued by Toyota and aftermarket suppliers in the recent years and new masters just are not available, every outlet including myself recommends upgrading to the newer cylinder & slave which requires a new hardline and hose. Easy upgrade, but it won't keep the stock "tin cup" master cylinder which I sorta like.

So here is the conundrum, I have one NOS rebuild kit on the shelf, its likely 20 years old judging on the box (or TEQ logo'd box). My cylinder is very clean, no pitting and I think it would rebuild just fine. But, do I use up one of the last remaining kits in the country?

Kurt,

It does not do anyone any good sitting in a box on a shelf, it needs to be put in service at some point. If not it will turn to dust!!! Maybe look into having them made since you have a good one to copy from. Just a thought.

Kurt,
Try roodogs4wdspares on ebay. They have the clutch master cylinder for your 45.

Hope this helps,
Peter

Thanks I've sent them an email.

SOR shows a "minor" kit that includes rubber only, So I'm assuming its just the two rubber pistons.

Kurt,

It does not do anyone any good sitting in a box on a shelf, it needs to be put in service at some point. If not it will turn to dust!!! Maybe look into having them made since you have a good one to copy from. Just a thought.

I've thought about getting them remade. I've got some other projects on the front burner and there may be some overseas sources for these, if nothing else develops that might be where I go with it.

Otherwise I'll let this one turn to dust :D

try this...

Try Kurt at Cruiser Outfitter.... he has most everything, and I hear he has ONE just sitting on the shelf!!! :D:flipoff2::D

Try Kurt at Cruiser Outfitter.... he has most everything, and I hear he has ONE just sitting on the shelf!!! :D:flipoff2::D

LOL, its in the safe not on the shelf :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom