Ruff RIDE 96 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SHERMAN FJ62

Charlestons' King of Cruisers
Threads
I have a 96 4 Runner. No suspension lft 31 in BFG A/T. Truck has 179k in mileage on it. Recently when I go over ruff roads or bumps the rear make a lot of noise sounds like it is coming from the suspension. Changed shocks and check the rear end out and everything seems to be ok but noise and ruff ride continue. Shocks did help the ride but it is not like it used to be.

Anyone else had this issue and know what is its?

I have a 96 4 Runner. No suspension lft 31 in BFG A/T. Truck has 179k in mileage on it. Recently when I go over ruff roads or bumps the rear make a lot of noise sounds like it is coming from the suspension. Changed shocks and check the rear end out and everything seems to be ok but noise and ruff ride continue. Shocks did help the ride but it is not like it used to be.

Anyone else had this issue and know what is its?

Given the age and mileage of the vehicle, the rear springs are most likely worn out. The New shocks probably helped with the dampening, but did not address worn springs. The springs are probably sagged and compressed.

Jacque

Try looking at the bushings, especially the sway bar bushings. My wife's 96 4Runner had a warn out bushing on the front sway bar and that caused a lot of noise.

IF am going to replace the springs any suggestions on Oe or aftermarket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom