1964/65? fj40 FST (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
She may not be perfect but she is mine :)

Showed up today.
Need to get a new muffler and rebuild the carb, but other than that it is in pretty good shape. There is a little play in the steering wheel, but it does have the incorrect size tire in the front passenger side. ( new stock like tires on the way )

engine# F-190861 and Frame #4FJ40022298

3516229229_c53e357677_o.jpg

3517042146_469df92fc4_o.jpg

3516228381_53a1b8da32_o.jpg

3516228275_65caa5c50f_o.jpg

3516228793_e1a866c8ac_o.jpg

3517041328_9da3e06346_o.jpg

3517041224_6e742c7b29_o.jpg

3516228485_4a1c196a84_o.jpg

3516228927_74de8de232_o.jpg

original shotgun holder there :)
3516229017_9983c4abd8_o.jpg

3517041740_a4276a823c_o.jpg

the tire tread that will be replacing these older ones ( keep old ones for back up ) :

3517069134_a313ac15f3.jpg

deffinately has some potential. if your steering is loose the center arm could be the culprit. also be prepared for about 8 people ask you if you wanna sell the bows which you could sell pretty easy for a decent price if you were looking at going a different route. i sold mine off of my 64 as i was never gonna use them. EDIT:: if you are wondering what year it is for sure look at the serial plate on the firewall on the passenger side inside the engine compartment.

deffinately has some potential. if your steering is loose the center arm could be the culprit. also be prepared for about 8 people ask you if you wanna sell the bows which you could sell pretty easy for a decent price if you were looking at going a different route. i sold mine off of my 64 as i was never gonna use them.

Thanks weez440

I will take a look at the center arm.

I am going to be leaving this FJ completely stock
and restore it over time. :)

It seems to be titled as a 65, but it was mentioned that it could be a 64...

:)

It was built in 64. Hence the 4 before the fj40 in the frame id. Depending on when it was sold was what it was titled as.

According to the SOR chart. http://www.sor.com/fj40frame.html?xax=7282&page.ctx=http://www.sor.com/fj40frame.html it was probably made late 63 to be sold in 64. It probably sat around til it sold in 65. Mine 21822 and sold in spring of 64.

It's a neat cruiser for sure. You'll need a couple of items but it's a nice stock survivor. A top from ehsan and some extra material for the doors and you;ll be good to go. The red patina is nice. Good luck. We'll see in the 25 parts area.

Does it have a generator or did someone upgrade it to an alt? How bout some engine pics.

Last edited:
Thanks weez440

I will take a look at the center arm.

I am going to be leaving this FJ completely stock
and restore it over time. :)

It seems to be titled as a 65, but it was mentioned that it could be a 64...

Do you have a diagram of where the center arm is located in the steering assembly?
I saw a few rebuild kits and get the general gist, just not positive of its location.

Thanks, and sorry for the naive question :D

Beats me how a 45 year-old cruiser can have so little paint yet have no apparent rust problem. (Just surface rust.)

Obviously that's a dry climate over there or it's spent most of its life under cover.

Very nice!

And I like the old capstan winch too. (I've never seen one like that before.)

:beer:

Beats me how a 45 year-old cruiser can have so little paint yet have no apparent rust problem. (Just surface rust.)

Obviously that's a dry climate over there or it's spent most of its life under cover.

Very nice!

And I like the old capstan winch too. (I've never seen one like that before.)

:beer:

Thanks, i feel like i was lucky to find it!
Been looking for a really stock one with no or low surface rust for a while.

Neighbor lady kinda smirked when she saw, or heard me pull up ( muffler is rotted )
Explained i was restoring it, and by next week it would be much more quiet, she seemed dubious
;)

very nice start ...

i live close to you ... and am in portland often. maybe we could meet some time and compare rigs. i like the idea of doing a stock vehicle. bery best to your efforts.:):clap:

i live close to you ... and am in portland often. maybe we could meet some time and compare rigs. i like the idea of doing a stock vehicle. bery best to your efforts.:):clap:

yeah hit me up if your near town and i can take the Fj for a spin.
I am fixing the exhaust and rebuilding the carb next week.

Ya, I was looking at those, but had no reports on them at all...anyone know anything on these tires?

The ones Jim got for his 25 are no longer inexpensive ...the last time I checked they were up to $120 each.

Interco tires

I put those same tires on my 68 fj40. they are great so far. and super cheap. My cruiser drives better, turns easier, and doesn't shake as much on the road.

They do good in the mud, rocks. Only had them in a little snow, but they did OK.

They look sweet, and they were only 360.00 for a set of 4.

That's the best part.

1.jpg
1.jpg

I put those same tires on my 68 fj40. they are great so far. and super cheap. My cruiser drives better, turns easier, and doesn't shake as much on the road.

They do good in the mud, rocks. Only had them in a little snow, but they did OK.

They look sweet, and they were only 360.00 for a set of 4.

That's the best part.

View attachment 323352

Wow they look great, good to see them at a side angle :)
They just shipped to day, hopefully i will have them this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom