Clutch question..What are the odds? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The clutch on my 45LV is very slow to engage, usually right at the top of the pedal. I bought a slave cylinder from ebay and there was a new master cylinder with the truck but not installed.

The clutch was replaced years ago and only has about 5 to 6k miles on it. Besides new hydraulics can anyone think why it would be so slow to engage?

There must be an adjustment somewhere, and I'll go looking for it today, but I was wondering if there are any old school tricks out there.

Thanks

The pushrod in the slave cylinder is adjustable. Somewhere there's a factory spec for freeplay I think, but I can never remember what it is. It sounds like yours is too long is the engagement point is that high in the pedal travel.

The pushrod in the slave cylinder is adjustable. Somewhere there's a factory spec for freeplay I think, but I can never remember what it is. It sounds like yours is too long is the engagement point is that high in the pedal travel.

X2, plus there is adjustment at the pedal. I will scan and post the FSM page on adjustment when I get home, unless someone beats me to it;)

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom