EGR check valve / vacuum diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found this Check valve coming off the EGR and I don't think it belongs there right?

But if it doesn't belong there where does it belong?

I couldn't find any other check valve on the diagrams that were brown.
3492969302_44bb5d85c7_o.jpg

Secondly

how do u figure out this cluster of vacuum piping.

3492160411_c8f2346e57.jpg

I'm looking at several diagrams i've foundon mud and can follow the lines till they get to that cluster, but once at the cluster It's hard to make out which line it actually goes to..was wondering if you all had any tips ?

Last edited:
There should be a diagram on the passenger side fender close to the coil.

Buy the Emissions manual for the 2F (from Specter) it has everything you need in it.

In the meantime, PM me your email and I'll send you a pdf file of the manual.

And that check valve goes to the choke Breaker. Straight vacuum line to the egr

Post a pic of your carb from a couple angles

There is... but it's been erased by mother nature:p So i'm using this which I think is supposed to be on the fender, but the hoses just goto a "pipe" and exits on the other side without really addressing where.

3492196729_5dd255d189_o.jpg

I really need to hurry and order the emissions manual.:frown:

3493014138_a72faebf43_o.jpg

Buy the Emissions manual for the 2F (from Specter) it has everything you need in it.

In the meantime, PM me your email and I'll send you a pdf file of the manual.

And that check valve goes to the choke Breaker. Straight vacuum line to the egr

Hey Spike,

thanks!! that would be a great help!! You got PM

These are not check valves but VTV's, vacuum transmission valves. They control air flow rate in one direction (e.g. control how fast vacuum is applied to a diaphragm). There are three on the 2F engine:

Choke Breaker: Green (located on the side of the carburetor)
Air Injection System: Dark Blue (Located near the front of the air injection manifold)
Spark Control System: Brown or Dark Blue (located on the vacuum line that goes to the inner diaphragm on the distributor. My parts list shows that the 2F uses the dark blue, but the 2F emissions manual shows that a brown one is used. My truck has blue. This VTV controls how fast the vacuum advance is applied.

The location of the colored end is important, so look at the diagram for reference.

There is no VTV associated with the EGR system.

There is a check valve used in the High Altitude Compensation system. It is located above the thermostat housing. It is smaller than the VTV and is white with one end black.
vtv colors.JPG

Last edited:
My parts program shows that the "brown" one is for a corrola. But it also says the brown one has a back body, not a white body. If you get the part number off yours I can look it up (refer to the drawing above. The part number is 90925-xxxxx, where you supply the "xxxxx" from your VTV.)

Last edited:
Thanks 2mbb, I took off the brown vtv as it shouldn't be there and I also found out the blue vtv going to the distributor was flipped around.

The part # for the brown vtv is 01014 which isnt on your chart. Wonder where it came from.

90925-01014 was used on several toyota vehicles from the late 70's to mid-80's including the 1979 Land Cruiser FJ40,55, etc. (USA but not CA Spec). It doesn't show as being used on the 60 series, though.

Last edited:
90925-01014 was used on several toyota vehicles from the late 70's to mid-80's including the 1979 Land Cruiser FJ40,55, etc. It doesn't show as being used on the 60 series, though.

Thanks

I'm just glad to have it outta there:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom