Sea Foam Deep Creep (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a motor that won't start? Shoot some of this in the carb, wait a few minutes and give it a pull. I couldn't believe it.

I forgot to run my pressure washer dry before winter. Got it out last night, pulled the starter cord about 15X with nothing. Shot some Sea Foam Deep Creep in the carb, made myself a Captain Morgan and Coke, yanked the cord again and voila! IT'S ALIVE!!!!! :clap:

Did the same thing with my 3000W generator!!!! :clap:

Save yourself some money on a rebuild, some headaches, and get some Deep Creep. Recommended by 'The Chad'. ;)

Captain Morgan deserves some credit also..;)

I'll have to try that on a POS John Deere trimmer..

:cheers:

interesting

I've got Kroil, PB Blaster and Liquid Wrench. Think any of these would work too on the recalcitrant weed wacker that's defying me in the garage?

interesting

I've got Kroil, PB Blaster and Liquid Wrench. Think any of these would work too on the recalcitrant weed wacker that's defying me in the garage?

I don't know. Sea Foam says on the label it dissolves varnish and is for cleaning air intakes and carbs, so that's why I tried it. I honestly figured it was just another WD-40/PB Blaster/LW.

Sea Foam--DEEP CREEP

I don't know. Sea Foam says on the label it dissolves varnish and is for cleaning air intakes and carbs, so that's why I tried it. I honestly figured it was just another WD-40/PB Blaster/LW.

Sea Foam--DEEP CREEP

I may try some intake cleaner stuff I have also

How long do ya figure you left it in there before yanking the starter?

well, squirted some brake cleaner and throttle cleaner in there and got some good hiccups...

We really need a Small Engine forum.

E9999
Your line trimmer uses a diaphragm style carburetor. Spritzing, splashing, spraying, squirting, pouring, dumping, etc, anything through the carburetor does nothing. If the diaphragms are stiff, they are stiff.

A fload bowl style carb has a float and jets. The chemical can get in there and actually do something. The diaphragm in the (insert name of a piece of hand held equipment) carburetor is also the fuel pump as well as the fuel metering. If they are stuck, they are stuck.

We really need a Small Engine forum.

E9999
Your line trimmer uses a diaphragm style carburetor. Spritzing, splashing, spraying, squirting, pouring, dumping, etc, anything through the carburetor does nothing. If the diaphragms are stiff, they are stiff.

A fload bowl style carb has a float and jets. The chemical can get in there and actually do something. The diaphragm in the (insert name of a piece of hand held equipment) carburetor is also the fuel pump as well as the fuel metering. If they are stuck, they are stuck.

no idea what that carb is like inside, but I believe ya.
I'm hoping it's just old gas mix, though (1 year?). Will check.

Sea foam is great stuff. Every new used vechile we get gets a sea foam treatment. Follow the directions on the can and do it on a very windy day, out doors. It will fill your neighborhood with blue smoke but your rig will run much better. We do it at night when the weather is bad so the neighbors won't have their windows open. This stuff will clean your engine.

Rod

generator

bigndn, I have a 1250W Contractor professional Tools generator that I let sit all winter with the gas in it. Do I just spray the seafoam into the choke area? Do I need any seafoam to put in the gas tank? Which seafoam product do I use? Thanks..

bigndn, I have a 1250W Contractor professional Tools generator that I let sit all winter with the gas in it. Do I just spray the seafoam into the choke area? Do I need any seafoam to put in the gas tank? Which seafoam product do I use? Thanks..

It was "Sea Foam Deep Creep" that I used, it's an aerosol can similiar in size to WD-40, Liquid Wrench, or PB Blaster. I just sprayed it into the choke and let it sit. I did not use any in the gas tank, but mine was fairly low and I put new gas in on top of old (probably not the best idea). :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom