I'm so proud (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
So this weekend my girl graduated and passed 500,000km on the original drive-train with just regular maintenance and upkeep, here's to another 500,000 :beer:
IMG_2931_1.jpg
IMG_2933_1.jpg

Well done! Mine past 350k a month or so ago, so I've got lots of miles left in her then! (as I suspected).

Cheers,

Awesome. :beer:
My 70 has 368,000. I got it with 220,000 on it in 1993. I figured it was going to blow up any minute with all those kms on it :grinpimp:

At this rate it should see 500,000 by around 2024.

One more time congratulation Matt !!!

Does this include under water travel as well? :doh:

560,000kms on my '82 as of last weekend. We'll be putting another 20,000kms on this summer when we drive up from Guatemala to Canada and back! What other vehicle can do that?

LOL. His piggie, that's what 'other vehicle'!. You know, your next vehicle! ;)

Charles - very nice, have you had any major work done to it? and that's with the turbo too, how many kms did it have when you put the turbo on it?

It's been turbo'd for about 200,000kms.

The original engine in the truck dropped a pre-cup at about 260,000kms on the way back from California in about '98 or so. This is a take out that had similar mileage to what the original engine had. I have not done work on it and I'd assume with 260,000kms when I got it, that the original owner did not do anything either. I have swapped to an aftermarket head only because an '84 that I had for a while as a work truck blew the head. The '84 was not the keeper (it was "rode hard and put away wet") so it got the old head from this truck and this truck got the new head.

The original engine was repaired and dropped in the '84 when I pulled that engine to rebuild it for the '55. Confused yet? I drove the '84 for a year or so on the repaired engine. It was repaired with only a used liner and piston as well as welding up the head where it chipped.

It's been turbo'd for about 200,000kms.

The original engine in the truck dropped a pre-cup at about 260,000kms on the way back from California in about '98 or so. This is a take out that had similar mileage to what the original engine had. I have not done work on it and I'd assume with 260,000kms when I got it, that the original owner did not do anything either. I have swapped to an aftermarket head only because an '84 that I had for a while as a work truck blew the head. The '84 was not the keeper (it was "rode hard and put away wet") so it got the old head from this truck and this truck got the new head.

The original engine was repaired and dropped in the '84 when I pulled that engine to rebuild it for the '55. Confused yet? I drove the '84 for a year or so on the repaired engine. It was repaired with only a used liner and piston as well as welding up the head where it chipped.

What was the middle part again? :)

LOL. His piggie, that's what 'other vehicle'!. You know, your next vehicle! ;)

Yes, but the engine in the piggy might have 20,000 miles on it now. No where close to 560,000 kms on a turbo'd wrecker engine like in the BJ60.

What was the middle part again? :)

You'd need a timeline to understand! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom