does anyone have a fuel separator diagram/info? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so im looking for a diagram or further info on the purpose of each of the four air lines leading from the tank, to the plastic fuel separator...

i just put in an aux tank - home made like - and joined an air line in the top of the aux tank with the air tube closest to the front of the OEM tank...and it seems im getting pressure lock...is there a better tube to choose?

My 78 FJ 40 always seemed to have a interior gas smell, and I assumed it was just the usual cheap poly tank problem commonly complained about by others on this forum.

Recently, I decided to just get an OEM tank and fix the problem. With taking things apart I discovered the PO had removed the fuel separator , closed all the openings and left no vent for the tank. The poly tank appeared to be venting though the sending unit gasket which was in terrible condition. Some of the screw holes had been stripped and new ones drilled, and the opening was badly warped.

My new OEM tank is now installed and I'm trying to decide how to vent the tank. There is the easy pinhole method and the fix it like OEM approch. The Smog pump is replaced with the PS pump and the charcoal canister just sits there disconnected, so an OEM is not very reasonable. I've seen some other really cool looking homemade fuel separators, but I dont' really understand how to go about making one. The OEM type looks simple, but I to need a diagram on how the thing works. Any thoughts on what to do?

so im looking for a diagram or further info on the purpose of each of the four air lines leading from the tank, to the plastic fuel separator...

i just put in an aux tank - home made like - and joined an air line in the top of the aux tank with the air tube closest to the front of the OEM tank...and it seems im getting pressure lock...is there a better tube to choose?

Here's what the FSM has for my 1978 FJ40. The four air lines all lead to the vapor separator, which is essentially a big hollow container that has a line leading to the charcoal canister. All four lines from the top of your OEM tank serve the same purpose, so any of them should work for venting your aux tank.
1978_fj40_evap_system.jpg

I know this is an old post but does anyone have the emissions manual for a 77 FJ40 Petrol on PDF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom