My New 3" exhaust, Works Good (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys , been doing a few upgrades for my single vehicle trips( anyone is welcome) I am getting tired of gravel travel. I pre dowelled my front axle for it to be able to move 1" forward for 36" tyres in a month or two. Anyways here is my 3" exhaust from turbo to tail with a bypass. Major Improvement in low RPM spool-up 850 to 1200 rpm (can hear the CT26 spool up internally) low speed and top speed acceleration increased with much lower EGTs.
SSPX0050.jpg
SSPX0048.jpg
SSPX0047.jpg

Here are a couple more with the deck that I put in last weekend. There are a few places where the pipe crimps down to 2.5" but I am O.K. with it. Rock sliders next.
SSPX0049.jpg
SSPX0059.jpg
SSPX0058.jpg

Last edited:
Where's the cable to open that by-pass? You have to get out of the truck to open it? Lordco sells the valve, I think they have some that are solenoid activated.
Pretty cool Aaron!
GG

good on the exhaust, why does it look covered in oil?
So you just open up the bypass when you're doing highway travel?

I picked or pulled it with the Lift Truck, to rust check it , ya got some (a bunch) on the pipe. I will just take the cap off while wheeling Mud, Rock anywhere but dry fire hazard.

Where's the cable to open that by-pass? You have to get out of the truck to open it? Lordco sells the valve, I think they have some that are solenoid activated.
Pretty cool Aaron!
GG

Ya like in the 50s , Dad told me about them, IM Too CHeep. Thanks G.G.

Nice lookin' exhaust Aaron, did you weld it up yourself? If not where did you have it built?

Deadwood (Smallwood) , I make chips for pulp and take to market with my Pete

Likin' the Pete, what's it got for power? Man, I wish I still got to cruise around town in big rigs. All I ever got to drive were beat up old Macks without airide. They must call it "Mack Camelback" 'cause your back will look like a camel's after bouncing around for a few years. Nice forklift too. CAT Power!!

Nice lookin' exhaust Aaron, did you weld it up yourself? If not where did you have it built?

I had JODY at Quik Stop Muffler and Brake, He has done the BJ 74 , the prado , my old probe turbo and Cummins powered W250, Across from the demoed Labatts Brewery right where Brunnette turns off from Columbia , New West.
That 379 Pete is N14 (cummins) powered 1.5 million miles still provides close to 30lbs boost at Full Load.
Ya the Macks had the Camel Back springs. My Favorite for dump Application

Ya the Macks had the Camel Back springs. My Favorite for dump Application[/QUOTE said:
I'd take a Mack "R" over a Kenworth T-800 anyday for a dumptruck. The camelback works pretty good, I remember putting the box up at some pretty nasty off camber angles and still kept the non greasy side up. Thinkin' about it now I used to take some pretty stupid chances with that truck. Guess I was lucky.

Where the 'monster' fridge going back there?

Here are a couple more with the deck that I put in last weekend. There are a few places where the pipe crimps down to 2.5" but I am O.K. with it. Rock sliders next.

good on the exhaust, why does it look covered in oil?
So you just open up the bypass when you're doing highway travel?

this so called bypass...whats it for and when do you use it/ and for what purpose?

appreciate the insight

this so called bypass...whats it for and when do you use it/ and for what purpose?

appreciate the insight

So you can hear Aaron coming up the trail. Makes a 13B-T sound like a CAT 3404 diesel in a 955 track loader. I wish now that I had one on my truck, sometimes I find it a bit quiet with the resonator chamber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom