Temp Gauge Mod Resistor Buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davework

Cruiser Hardware: OverlandMetric.com
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.overlandmetric.com
I was going to buy the resistors for the RavenTai Temp Gauge Mod and I thought I'd post up to see if anyone is interested in doing the same?

I'll place the order in the next few days, so please let me know if you'd like to be in on it.

The resistors are roughly $2 for both, then shipping is around $8 split how ever many ways.

Thanks!

Im in.

PM what you need from me.

Thanks!

I'm in also. We are ordering everything that needs to be gotten ***online*** for the mod, correct?

Count me in, too. Thanks!

Bob

Will this mod work for the '91-'92 3FE cruisers?

nobody has ever looked into it and i don't have access to one so it is known to work with 93 through 97 only.

UCBerzerkeley the only parts you need are two resistors, the rest of the items needed are tools like screwdrivers, soldering iron, solder etc see the FAQ.

davework, I assume you are ordering the proper wire wound 3 watt mil-spec resistors?

disclaimer: I have no association with this group buy but i do think it is a good idea.

UCBerzerkeley the only parts you need are two resistors, the rest of the items needed are tools like screwdrivers, soldering iron, solder etc see the FAQ.

Yah, that's what I was getting at Raven. I am familiar with your work on this mod, so just making sure everyone in the group buy was on the same page.

disclaimer: I have no association with this group buy but i do think it is a good idea.

Would you be willing to double-check the order before it gets placed? That way, since this impacts many people, there would be no confusion

edit - for anyone interested but unaware of the procedure, here is the link from the FAQ

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/64252-93-97-coolant-temperature-gauge-modification.html

Would you be willing to double-check the order before it gets placed? That way, since this impacts many people, there would be no confusion

not my place to do so, I assume davework will get it right.

I am gonna order a few extra for the group, depending on how many total we have.

If someone needs a replacement, I'll send it out.

And just for clarification, I will be ordering one of each of the following resistors for each person (unless you specifically tell me you want more):

50 Ω 3 watt 1% wire wound mil spec resistor.
Mouser P/N 71-RS2B-50
MFG P/N RS02B50R00FB12
RS02B50R00FB12

110 Ω 3 watt 1% wire wound mil spec resistor.
Mouser P/N 71-RS2B-110
MFG P/N RS02B110R0FB12
RS02B110R0FB12

This is directly from the Mod in the FAQ Here.

Thanks again everyone!

I'l ltake 5 sets and the son has a 91 so RavenTai let me know what I need to do to confirm this as a good mod for those guys.

Please PM me what I owe for price and shipping. I appreciate the effort put forth.

Awesome. I'll take 4 of each.

Rick that would be a very nice project, first step would be to pull the gauge out and take a look, if it has a 75 ohm R1 resistor, a zener diode and a same electrical configuration I would be tempted to take the short cut and just try the 110 & 50 ohm resistors from the 93-97 mod,

If it has any significant differences then we would have to go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom