Cut & change D60 centres to HP60's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have money owing to me from a customer & he has offered me his 2 HP60 centre chunks (cut off at the tubes) which are Solids complete with 4.88's & Detroits from his buggy (WMS 61" both steer). I have a set of D60 complete but no centre (63" only 1 steer) so here is my question - What sleeving method should I go with ?
1 :Should I have a sleeve that slips over the top say 1/4" wall x 8" long with a series of plug welds.
2 :Or should I go with an internal sleeve of the same 1/4" wall x 8" long with a series of plug welds.
I am just concerned with the concentricity of the bores on the 2 different tubes & diametres. The front will be obviously braced for Hydro & the rear will be also for link set-up.
I have not had to do this before so a method from experience is prefered as I intend on keeping these puppies for a long time on my 40 :grinpimp:.

brooksy

Only good way would be to press out the cut off tubes and press and weld new tubes in. A sleeve would work well internally, but firther out near the knuckle. Seems like it would be way too much stress right at the pumpkin and not enough to to sleeve with.

FYI, who ever cut them off and just left the pumpkins was a moron. You can buy new outters way cheaper than you can d all of the work you have to do to get new tubes on there.

Only good way would be to press out the cut off tubes and press and weld new tubes in. A sleeve would work well internally, but firther out near the knuckle. Seems like it would be way too much stress right at the pumpkin and not enough to to sleeve with.

FYI, who ever cut them off and just left the pumpkins was a moron. You can buy new outters way cheaper than you can d all of the work you have to do to get new tubes on there.

I know it seems a lot of work but the price I got them for it is very much the way to go. I will check the price of re-tubing as an option. It is just a time factor as I am busy doing other work.

Is their any info on re-tubing dana axles, I am guessing the process would be the same on either 44,60 & 70's.

brooksy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom