Royal Purple retracting some engine oil claims (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sounds like BP took Royal Purple to task over its engine oil advertising by hiring an independent lab. It seems Royal Purple has now backed off on some of their advertising.

Truth in Advertising: BP v. Royal Purple

enjoy
:popcorn:

damn... I hate to be right all the time... :D

but -less boring- what's this doing in 80 Tech anyway...? :)

So that's why Royal Purple was suddenly available on sale a couple weeks ago. They knew this was going to be made public and hurt sales.

damn... I hate to be right all the time... :D

but -less boring- what's this doing in 80 Tech anyway...? :)

heh i had the same feeling e9999. no way the new kid on the block could back up all those claims

So that's why Royal Purple was suddenly available on sale a couple weeks ago. They knew this was going to be made public and hurt sales.

At least the Royal Purple gear oil I got for $3.99 has nothing to do with that mess. For reasons I don't understand AAFES aka the PX overstock their shelves and when the store needs room, they put it on clearance, first 25%, 50% and when I got my oil was at 75%. Believe me I would never pay $15.99 for a quart of oil whatever brand for my daily drivers. If my vehicles where to be used in competition, the story would be different. Isn't BP a foreign oil (non-american) company?:D

At those prices, they should market it as crown royale purple, along with the velvety bag

The only reason I bought it was the price... $3.99, next to the Royal Purple was Castrol Gear oil non-synthetic for the same price.

I have a local speed shop/fabricator that I goto that is ran by two brothers with Engineering degree's.... When we had a past conversation talking about oil he commented that Royal Purple was the only company to not post certain test results that other oils were subjected too and even after writing to Royal Purple he still didn't get any information from them... Currenlty he sells Dyson/Synergyn and used to be a Redline dealer, i'm sure he wouldn't be suprised by this.

BTW: Royal purple is made in my little town and I did use it for my trimmer and garage air compressor.

The company is British Petroleum, I don't know if BP bought AMOCO or viceversa, might be American/British.

[ Isn't BP a foreign oil (non-american) company?:D[/QUOTE

Isn't TOYOTA a foreign(non American) car company? :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::eek::eek::eek:

[ Isn't BP a foreign oil (non-american) company?:D[/QUOTE

Isn't TOYOTA a foreign(non American) car company? :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::eek::eek::eek:

If there would out there an American 4x4 as good as Toyota I would buy it. Don't get me wrong, I owned Jeeps and couple of 4x4 Dodges and they were not even close in reliability to a Cruiser. :ban:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom