Don't want no Rub! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So lift is here (OME Heavy 3") and about to get put on (when it stopes raining). So I am considering these two tire/wheel options.
  1. Stockers W/ 33x10.5 BFG KM2
  2. American racing "Chamber" Teflon coated 16x8 W/ 33x12.5x16 BFG KM2
With this second option am I going to get any rub or will I need spacers, also will the 33x12.5" tuck when under extreme articulation?

I am very aware that the second option is a lot more money but I like the look and the idea of having a second set of rims with more road friendly tires.

All opinions and pictures are welcome!

I don't know for sure but the AR wheels have a 4.5" backspace correct? stock backspace is 3.5", which means that the AR wheels will be located 1" closer to the inside, so your tire may rub on the steering components.

You shouldn't have any tire rubbing issues, even with the 33x12.50's, but if the aftermarket rims have greater than 3.5 backspacing, you will definitely need a spacer to keep the wheels from contacting the calipers. You might be able to get away with just a 1/4" spacer, or you might have to grind the calipers a little.

Just checked and it is 4.5" backspacing. Does any one on the board have this setup? Any issues?

I had ARE Nitro's in 16x8 with 4.5" backspacing with a 12.5" wide tire on them. With no wheel spacer my tires hit the leaf springs turning. Adjusting the stops made the thing a school bus. 1.5" spacers work fine. I still run the spacers with my 17x9's.

wondering about this myself. 33*10.5*15 KM2 seem almost impossilbe to find in stock anyhere. I emailed BFG... they said 2-3 months back order. Don't know if 33*12.5*15 would work or be in stock.

wondering about this myself. 33*10.5*15 KM2 seem almost impossilbe to find in stock anyhere. I emailed BFG... they said 2-3 months back order. Don't know if 33*12.5*15 would work or be in stock.

I am not to worried about time, got lots of things to fix before this thing is fully back on the road. But yes mad back order.l

I had ARE Nitro's in 16x8 with 4.5" backspacing with a 12.5" wide tire on them. With no wheel spacer my tires hit the leaf springs turning. Adjusting the stops made the thing a school bus. 1.5" spacers work fine. I still run the spacers with my 17x9's.

I would like to keep the spacers as small as posible if I can. How much extra clearence did the 1.5" give you, do you think I could go smaller?

Also when you bumped them out 1.5" did they start rubbing when articulated?

I would like to keep the spacers as small as posible if I can. How much extra clearence did the 1.5" give you, do you think I could go smaller?

Also when you bumped them out 1.5" did they start rubbing when articulated?

Check around there are other bs out there. There are some manufactors that still put bs to order. I just got 5 from Marsh Racing with 2.25 BS to clear calipers and fender well inside with my 35's X12s. Still may trim just a little. Ta TA for now
DSC_0042.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg

Check around there are other bs out there. There are some manufactors that still put bs to order. I just got 5 from Marsh Racing with 2.25 BS to clear calipers and fender well inside with my 35's X12s. Still may trim just a little. Ta TA for now
View attachment 314635

Yea I have been looking around but I really liked the look of the AR chambers. Not shure what I am going to do. oh well like I said I got time to think about all my options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom