Toyota 1HZ diesel engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rockymountainextreme.com
SOLD!!!

I have a Toyota 1HZ diesel engine for sale. If you know what this is, you know how hard they are to find and that they are quite desirable here in the States. This engine is the workhorse of Toyota diesel engines, still being used to build new Landcruisers in other countries.

It's a 4.2l mechanically injected diesel, very simple 1 wire operation to make run. Stock they are not turbocharged, but it is easy to add a turbo for more power and better fuel mileage.

This engine was from a mine truck, it was replaced when the mine needed to upgrade the engine for increased emission standards. The engine should be considered a high-mileage engine, but it looks great. I do not have a record of the mileage or hours, but it was running at the time it was pulled.

The engine comes with the alternator, starter, vacuum pump and power steering pump. There is no flywheel or bellhousing. Buyer will need to source those parts on their own.

Price is $2000 cash, no trades. Prefer to find a buyer that will pick up engine. Located Fruita, CO.

I don't have pics at the moment, but will in the next few days. I'm headed out the door for EJS, so give me some time to get them up.

Last edited:
sorry Greg, looks like the flywheel and bellhousing are extremely hard to find after talking to a few 1hz experts. hope you sell it locally so you dont have to ship it.

ill take it... dibs.

sorry Greg, looks like the flywheel and bellhousing are extremely hard to find after talking to a few 1hz experts. hope you sell it locally so you dont have to ship it.

Next time reverse the order in which you responded... do your research on the item, then call 'dibs' after you learn what you are getting into.

Just to clarify, the bellhousing and flywheel are NOT that hard to find. They are not common in the States since they weren't offered here, but parts are easy to find in other countries as close as Canada. I have a member offering those parts and more for $500.

Hi I have a spare fly wheel and bellhousing with clutch fork and slave cylinder if it helps you with your sale. Took the HZ out of my pu and put in a 1HDT. Want 500 cdn for the pts.
Mike 604 594 1430 Surrey B.C.

Mud Member HZJ- https://forum.ih8mud.com/members/hzj.html

This all shouldn't matter though, the engine may be sold locally, just waiting to hear the final answer.

Last edited:
1HZ engine is still available! The engine still has all accys that it was installed with, including the Starter (loose, not on motor currently), Alternator, Vacuum pump,and Power Steering pump. Here's some photos-

1000464medium.jpg

1000468medium.jpg

1000465medium.jpg

1000466medium.jpg

1000467medium.jpg

1000469medium.jpg

Last edited:
God if I only had the money. :(

I'll find you at Moab, or look fro the Blue diesel 60 with grey roof top tent. My tax return just landed, hmmm maybe I should............... go home a really saggin wagon. Bob

I'll find you at Moab, or look fro the Blue diesel 60 with grey roof top tent. My tax return just landed, hmmm maybe I should............... go home a really saggin wagon. Bob

Sounds good Bob, I'll PM you with my cell number so we don't miss each other. :D

Hey bro your mailbox is full...

I think I will just buy the engine. But will need to put something down to hold it. What are you needing up front. We can work out the other stuff later. Where is the engine located exactly as maybe another mudder like Portal can store it for me.

Hey bro your mailbox is full...

I think I will just buy the engine. But will need to put something down to hold it. What are you needing up front. We can work out the other stuff later. Where is the engine located exactly as maybe another mudder like Portal can store it for me.

I've cleaned out my In box. Sounds like a plan to me, I will PM you with the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom