87 FJ60 Carb Photo or diagram needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to put humpty dumpty back together again. I have a carb that has been stripped down and rebuilt on the inside but all the exterior linkage, spring etc has me stumped. Does anyone have a good photo or other that shows how it all goes together? It is going on a desmogged 78 Fj40. Any thoughts on which diaphrams can get chucked and how vacuum ports should get re-routed/plugged would be great as well.

Marvin

I hope that these will come through. It is a Jim C. desmog carb. Will try the other view in next post.
IMG_0193.jpg
IMG_0194.jpg
IMG_0196.jpg

Here is the driver's side. Note: the FSM shows a 4th diaphragm which I believe is the choke opener? I's confused about all this but I think it was removed in the desmog.
IMG_0197.jpg

Note: the FSM shows a 4th diaphragm which I believe is the choke opener? I's confused about all this but I think it was removed in the desmog.
Yeah, it had a little accident.:meh:

The AC idle up is there. It the one with the diagonal rod coming out of it on the sight glass side of the carb.

SOR has nice pictures of the carb for the FJ60:

Specter Off-Road-Land Cruiser Parts - Page 042-Carburetion

What it's missing is the AC idle up diaphragm & linkage that is located on the front of the carb (the side with the sight glass).

The AC idle up is there. It the one with the diagonal rod coming out of it on the sight glass side of the carb.

He was referring to the SOR pic which shows a standard carb without optional AC idle up:

042-01M-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom