Rear Cargo leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, so I have been trying to find out why water is getting into my rear cargo area? The sunroof drains have been unclogged, but are there any other drains I am missing? Are there any other key areas where it'll leak back there?

It's right dead center right near the hatch/tailgate.

Yeah, on closer inspection I'm thinking it can be both the rear windows and the vent. The seals look good, but I'll find out when I pour some water on the truck. The jack etc in the side compartment was wet, so I assume it's both.

I fixed under the quarter belt moulding with silicone. Also pullet the vent assembly apart cleaned well and siliconed around that and haven't has a problem since

OK, so I have been trying to find out why water is getting into my rear cargo area? The sunroof drains have been unclogged, but are there any other drains I am missing? Are there any other key areas where it'll leak back there?

It's right dead center right near the hatch/tailgate.

Put your tailgate down and use a long straight edge and you may see your problem. Landcruiser tailgates have been well known to bow in the middle and the weather stripping will consequently have a gap. Cdan had an input on a thread on how to straighten it out:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/74292-tailgate-warpage.html

Check out post # 4 in this thread.

If you still have persistent leaks after sealing the back hatch up, pull the cargo area panel covers on the DS and PS and look for white-ish residue, like hard water spots, dripping down from the slider window mounting, the gas tank filler seal, the air vent seals, etc. I had A LOT of small leaks all contributing to a steamy rear end. That sounds gross. You know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom