What is the thread pitch of the exhaust manifold studs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the size and pitch of the exhaust manifold studs, the ones that connect to the down pipes? This is on a 93 motor. I messed up 3 out of 4 internal threads in the manifold. Can I repair the threads in the manifold by chasing them with a tap or has this stud completely ruin them, if not what else can I do?

Thanx
George
DSC07567.jpg

Last edited:
George your beat ,you'll need a whole new truck ;)

You should be able to chase them without any problems . as for the thread size and pitch I'm not sure as the Cruiser:princess: is out cruising the land for food :D with my 80 .
The worse you'll have to do if they are totally boogered is tap it up one size and helicoil it

George your beat ,you'll need a whole new truck ;)

You should be able to chase them without any problems . as for the thread size and pitch I'm not sure as the Cruiser:princess: is out cruising the land for food :D with my 80 .
The worse you'll have to do if they are totally boogered is tap it up one size and helicoil it
A NEW TRUCK! WOW I REALLY MESSED IT UP.:mad: LOL I was just worried that the threads would not be as strong after being flatted out and then chased.

Last edited:
If memory serves me the thread pitch is 1.25, but a search may yield a more definitive answer.

If you are referring to the non-threaded section in the middle of the stud, it isn't supposed to be threaded. The shorter portion of the stud (left side in the picture) threads into the manifold up to the unthreaded section by using the Torx head on the end of the stud. The longer (right side) portion of the stud extends through the flange on the downtube, and the nut snugs it up to the manifold.

10-1.25 just chase it with a tap and get a new stud from toyota

If you are referring to the non-threaded section in the middle of the stud, it isn't supposed to be threaded. The shorter portion of the stud (left side in the picture) threads into the manifold up to the unthreaded section by using the Torx head on the end of the stud. The longer (right side) portion of the stud extends through the flange on the downtube, and the nut snugs it up to the manifold.
I messed up the internal manifold threads when backing out the stud. I know the stud has no thread in the middle, I was referring to the damaged part that was in the manifold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom