Post Hip surgery - medical items needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
I figured I'll post up here in case any of you have any of these items laying around or know of someone who does.

I just posted this in CL:

Mother in law just had hip surgery, need some medical items:

- bath seat with back (for shower)

- bath tub transfer bench

-elevated toilet seat with rails

-foam cushion for sleeping (keeps the hip straight)

-walker (paid my Medicaid/Medicare woohooo!!) if you have a better one, let me know

-hand held shower attachment (this thing goes on the end of the tub faucet (NOT the shower head!)

This is all that I can think of at the moment but if there's something you have that she can use please let me know.

Please contact me via this site with your items and asking price. She'll be discharged from the hospital on Monday so we're scrambling as you can imagine! If there's a place in Reno/sparks/carson area that sells this stuff at a reasonable price, let me know.

Thanks for looking.

:cheers:

Wow, craigslist provided most of the items needed. Also, for anyone else who might need similar items, check out CARE Chest of Sierra Nevada. They're a good resource!

Thanks.

No help with equipment but I do have some words of encouragement. My Mom has been through the hip thing twice. As well as one knee. These days it's not all that bad. You will be surprised at how fast the recovery goes. Just make sure she takes the pain pills even if she doesn't want to.

X2 on the pain pills!
Patients recover FASTER when their pain is adequately controlled.
Its important to stay on top of the meds and keep the pain at bay. Once the pain level escalates it becomes more difficult to knock back down.

Who did the surgery?
Where was it done?

K

X2 on the pain pills!
Patients recover FASTER when their pain is adequately controlled.
Its important to stay on top of the meds and keep the pain at bay. Once the pain level escalates it becomes more difficult to knock back down.

Who did the surgery?
Where was it done?

K

Good info, thanks.

Sparks hospital, some old dude did the surgery. Ask Darcie for the name. :D

How is she doing?
Want me to send my Mom around with some fresh baked cinnamon rolls?

She is doing fine, should be released mon or tues. Michele has been working feverishly at trying to make her house more walker friendly, moving things higher so no bending is required, etc. Mmm, fresh baked cinnamon rolls.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom