Bobbed FJ62 Now No Start??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got about 2/3 of the way done with bobbing this piece, and decided to go back at it this weekend. Went to move the truck, no go.

Does the Gas tank need to be grounded to the frame or body to power the fuel pump? All wires are still connected. The truck ran untill we took the crossmember loose that sits under the tank, and took the tank straps loose. Now no start. WTF? :frown:

I dont know cause mines a 2F but I would say yes .... now post some pics

The crossmember does nothing but hold the spare, mines been gone for years.

Is the tank low on fuel or at an angle that it wont pick up fuel? Maybe try a ground wire if the tank is loose. I've only run mine with the tank bolted in.

Best of Luck

Tony

I dont know cause mines a 2F but I would say yes .... now post some pics

We cant think of anthing else. We had JUST turned it around in the garage to get more light on the rear. After that, we seriously only took off the crossmember and the straps that hold in the tank. We couldnt figure out WTH that plastic deallio does inside the pass quarter with all the lines off the tank. So, we said f it and we'll go back at it with less Shiner Bock and Miller lite in the blood.:beer:

Pics will def. be in the build thread when done.

We cant think of anthing else. We had JUST turned it around in the garage to get more light on the rear. After that, we seriously only took off the crossmember and the straps that hold in the tank. We couldnt figure out WTH that plastic deallio does inside the pass quarter with all the lines off the tank. So, we said f it and we'll go back at it with less Shiner Bock and Miller lite in the blood.:beer:

Pics will def. be in the build thread when done.

its a evap canaster "should" run with out ... but I dont really know ... can you hear the pump turn on ??? is it a crank no start or no crank

The crossmember does nothing but hold the spare, mines been gone for years.

Is the tank low on fuel or at an angle that it wont pick up fuel? Maybe try a ground wire if the tank is loose. I've only run mine with the tank bolted in.

Best of Luck

Tony

it helps stiffen the frame a little.

Crank, no start. Gotta be fuel related, Gonna go back at it tonight, see if it will run with ether. Gonna make sure we didnt nick any wires too. Didnt see any last night, but you know how that goes.:beer:

Yes it DOES need to be grounded. Got home, looked over all the wiring, nothing. Took the grinder out and ground some bare spots on the rear floor and a corner of the tank, attached jumper cables at those two spots, hit the key and....VROOM!:D

Back to cutting...
sawzall.gif

Yes it DOES need to be grounded. Got home, looked over all the wiring, nothing. Took the grinder out and ground some bare spots on the rear floor and a corner of the tank, attached jumper cables at those two spots, hit the key and....VROOM!:D

Back to cutting...
sawzall.gif

great ...now post some pics :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom