REAL TIME HELP NEEDED with tires! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
Nobody can mount my 37" Krawlers on my 17" rims....."oh our equipment can't handle that...." they said at my go to inexpensive tire shop. NTB said they could try. So I gotta schlep this load to NTB in traffic so they can, "try"?

Anybody definitively know if NTBs stuff can do it?

PLEASE HELP.

Last edited:
The only place that I found in Atlanta to mount 38s was about the Ghettoest (sp?) shop going and it realy confused them when I asked them to mount a set with Beadlocks. Their "tire guy" coundn't figure out why I only wanted the back bead installed.

The place is called "Wheels and Tires by Bailey" if any one cares. If they are used to mounting tires on 22s than they should be able figure out a 37.

WE GOT EM DONE.....with about 80 wheel weights on each one for some reason. WTF?

The local Sears tire shop in Atlanta has mounted and dismounted plenty of 35's, 37's and 38's for myself and friends.
They don't really blink an eye, and I can usually talk them down to $5-10 a rim.

I have also mounted more than my fair share of tires in the driveway with a $20 tire spoon and some soapy water. It sucks, but it is free and available 24/7.

Mike- My 37's just about dropped onto my beadlocks. No tire machine and hardly any tire spoon work necessary. I wonder what's different about yours?

WE GOT EM DONE.....with about 80 wheel weights on each one for some reason. WTF?
I don't mess with rim weights anymore. I've been using airsoft BB's, need to switch to the real stuff sometime soon (airsoft disintegrated over time) - Tire Balancing Products

Rim weights become ineffective with larger tires because the weight of the tire (tread) is further away from the rim, so more weight is necessary to counter imperfections.

Last edited:
Pics!!! Come on man pics!! There should be laws against throwing 37 inch krawlers on an FJ and NOT including Pics!!!

Thanks and glad you got it whipped

Mike- My 37's just about dropped onto my beadlocks. No tire machine and hardly any tire spoon work necessary. I wonder what's different about yours?

They were SXs with the worlds thickest and stiffest bead.

18.49 a tire to use the real product listed in the link above - well for 37x12.5x17's

Dang that is expensive but still a great stinking idea plus it isnt like paying for having your tires balanced is much cheaper......

Hey Alex, I loaned u my tires for a few months, whatdya say to me borrowing your new ones for a few days....say the few days of round up? After all, your 40 isn't running and I treat u good u treat me better... Right?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom