My M416 type build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TEXASLAWMAN

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
After looking into M416's and seeing how much they cost and the time and cash people where spending to restore and modify them. I decided to build my own M416 from scratch. I was given a trailer frame that was very close to the original 416's frame. Custom manufacturing built me a tub. And John Rushing from Rushing Design helped me put it all together. Its pretty close to the M416 specs but has 3500# axle with Toyota lug pattern and electric brakes. The suspention is leaf springs and shocks from a 2007 taco. The RTT will sit on a rack. There are side holders for 4 jerry cans. And the tounge holds my battery box and 2 propane tanks. Future mods include a 20 gallon water tank with a hot water on demand system, LED lighting, a stereo, and a fold out counter with storage like boctor12's here on mud.

DSC06673.jpg

DSC06696.jpg

DSC06710.jpg

DSC06753.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

Is it just me or does you 80 look like it should be running in an adventure race?

Hmm..those wheels look familiar.

Great looking trailer and rig!

Hmm..those wheels look familiar.

Great looking trailer and rig!

LOL Im the 4th owner in so many months. They will be on there till I can get some 315's to fit on the 16" wheels I have.

Is it just me or does you 80 look like it should be running in an adventure race?

Yea I know its not everybodys thing but I love the look!!

Very clean set up! If i had it to do over again i would start from scratch too.

Does your trailer get charged by your 80 while in tow?

Very clean set up! If i had it to do over again i would start from scratch too.

Does your trailer get charged by your 80 while in tow?

Well yes and no. Right now I have a onboard minn kota charger and plan on running a thick extention cord from a big inverter thats in back of the Landcruiser. But I did use the 7 way RV hookups so that is another something in the future. My top to do list is water tank, shower, and swampy tent cooler before the Texas heat gets here...

Awesome trailer man. Looks great! Any plans for a lid or will you just run it open?

The plan right now is to have a canvas top made like on a military truck/trailer. Have all four sides where they can be rolled up or tied down. Cut 4 small holes where the RTT mounts go and keep it soaked in camp dry.

Well yes and no. Right now I have a onboard minn kota charger and plan on running a thick extention cord from a big inverter thats in back of the Landcruiser. But I did use the 7 way RV hookups so that is another something in the future. My top to do list is water tank, shower, and swampy tent cooler before the Texas heat gets here...

I've been looking at getting one of these coolers. Do you know who has the best price? AT had them priced at $284. Anyone beat that? Also, how exactly do these things work?

I've been looking at getting one of these coolers. Do you know who has the best price? AT had them priced at $284. Anyone beat that? Also, how exactly do these things work?

They work just like a swamp cooler by evaporating water. Down around Big Bend will work like an A/C in houston not so well. They are supposed to have a inlet with a float valve where you can run water in from a bag on top for extended run time. My Idea is to have an extra cooler filled with ice blocks hook a hose from the cooler drain to this inlet and fill with water as needed. In therory it should help it cool better in humidity. AT has a better price than the swampy home page does. Just started researching them though...

Well I rolled the inside and top bars with bed liner last night. Roof top tent goes on there tonight. Friday shes getting a custom vinyl top that all 4 sides can be rolled up. Then Ill get to test everything out at the last roundup in Katempsy next week.

Well I rolled the inside and top bars with bed liner last night. Roof top tent goes on there tonight. Friday shes getting a custom vinyl top that all 4 sides can be rolled up. Then Ill get to test everything out at the last roundup in Katempsy next week.

what kind of bedliner did you use? Share some pics man. I'm still debating using Raptor liner on my trailer or just biting the bullet and paying to have it linex'd.

what kind of bedliner did you use? Share some pics man. I'm still debating using Raptor liner on my trailer or just biting the bullet and paying to have it linex'd.

Ill have to look when I get home was $40 at walmart for a gallon nothing special. Just something to keep the rust off. Got a pretty good coat on and didnt even use a fourth of the can. I used a brush and can see the lines dont like that too much. So weather permitting Im going to try and daub it on thick tonight.

SUPER NICE JOB!! LOVE THE TOW RIG TOO!!

But there's even something better than both of them put together! (see pic):p

Where's the water tank going? Behind the propane?
IMG_1916A.jpg

SUPER NICE JOB!! LOVE THE TOW RIG TOO!!

But there's even something better than both of them put together! (see pic):p

Where's the water tank going? Behind the propane?

Yea thats one of my favorite's:cool:... Water tank is going under the tub above the axle between the frame rails. I might have someone making me a stainless tank if not I will use the plastic kind and build a protective plate for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom