shocking question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

barry, got ur email. Sorry i havent taken time to respond. I really like by bilsteen 5150's. Rancho 9ks are popular. as far as height, sure bet is to measure for them. Search how to measure for shocks, there are how to pages out there. If u dont want to measure, get a shock recomended for a 2.5" lift.

barry, got ur email. Sorry i havent taken time to respond. I really like by bilsteen 5150's. Rancho 9ks are popular. as far as height, sure bet is to measure for them. Search how to measure for shocks, there are how to pages out there. If u dont want to measure, get a shock recomended for a 2.5" lift.

thanks.

Question: Would it make sense to get shocks for a taller lift say 3"-4" in order to get extra dampening power? Or would they even fit?

thanks.

Question: Would it make sense to get shocks for a taller lift say 3"-4" in order to get extra dampening power? Or would they even fit?

No. The main body of the shock will be too long and will botom out, ruining the shock. Bilsteens come in different stifness. I, following others leed chose the 5150's. I like the ride with this setup.

the billies are so much better than the previous yellow brand that I used to have. Of course mine are for an 80, but they are the 5100 series brushed aluminum... you'll like them.

Under my truck this AM. Correction to above: I have 5125's. The valving is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom