FJ40 Project on 1-ton axles. Full width (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everybody i'm pretty new to the whole landcruiser scene so here i go. First off i had a chevy blazer on 1 ton axles that i just got tired of, and i had an old fj40 just taking up space, so i decided to combined them together and make one badass off road rig. Here are a few pics of the start of the project. If you guys have any tips about swapping in 1 ton axles that would be great.
side x side.jpg
IMG_2616.jpg
IMG_2621.jpg

blue torch fab make a front hanger kit. Im doing the same swap on my fj40 aswell:)

BTW 40s never take up space:p
Dan

Dan at ruffstuff has pretty much everything you can think of at a good price..

Not sure if he has a 1-ton "kit" but you could piece it together..

Well its going to have a TBI 350 with an SM465 trans mated to a nv241. The front axle is an open dana 60 and at the rear is a 14 bolt with a detriot in it. The suspension will be 52 inch rear leaf springs from a chevy in the front. and the rear will have the 63 inch leaf springs from a chevy. Shocks will be rancho 9000's. and im trying to keep it as full bodied as possible only some fender trimming if it needs it. Still not sure what im going to stretch the wheel base to or how im going to mount the rear spring hangers.

Does any body have pics of outboarded spring hangers for a full width swap. I'm just trying to get some ideas on how to go about this. Thanks in advance

Search here and on pirate. Bunch of info and pictures out there if you take the time to do a little research. Proffitts has a full width outboarding kit. You could also put together your own kit using parts from Ruffstuff. Both companies are great to do business with.

if you get it done by may bring it to erie for our spring trail ride.mostly mud and steep hills and some optinal mud holes that are up to the driver because they are really deep .or bring it to the erie jeep people mud bash open to the public so there will be 2 cruisers there to pull them out good luck

And so it begins again... - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board
semi-budget "1 TON" buildup thread - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board not full width though
There are a few more on full with, I cut my front down and used a dually rear WFO Concepts Trevor was a big help on all the 1 ton parts. Why are you going to 1 ton

Thanks for the links. I'm going 1 ton first off because i have the axles 2nd because of their strength without modifications, and im keeping it full width cuz i like the look and the stability of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom