Adventure Trailer Composite Drawers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
They look nice. My only complaint is that they aren't a perfect fit in an 80. I would like them more if they were a bit wider and longer. It's understandable that they wanted to make them usable in multiple vehicles.

They look nice. My only complaint is that they aren't a perfect fit in an 80. I would like them more if they were a bit wider and longer. It's understandable that they wanted to make them usable in multiple vehicles.

Thanks

I talked to AT about this also, as I too wanted a fitted system. They are making a replacement top panel that matches the contour of the 80 series rear cargo area. It takes about five minutes at the most to remove the top panel of the box.

As far as being longer, The top of 12" box just clears the back of the rear seat. In fact, I had to fold the rear seat forward to tighten the top panel after bolting the box into the factory seat bracket holes. Any longer and I fear there would be contact with a passenger seated in the back seat.

I do agree that they could be anther inch wider, but I felt that was a small sacrifice to pay for the overall weight of the composite drawers.

Spresso (On the hundy side of the forum) came over to see them while I was doing the install. He picked up one complete drawer/box combo and says with good certainty that my complete setup weighs less than the FRAME of his African Outback drawers.

That was comforting.

Set up cost?

The 36A which measures 20" wide x 8.75" high x 36" long is $483.00 (This is the composite) The Birch system is about 2/3's the cost.

The 36B which measures 20" wide x 12" high x 36 long is $530.00 (Again, this is the composite) The Birch kit is less.

These are CNC cut and I can't say enough praise for them. Usually, when I get aftermarket items that are pre-drilled and supposed to be "Fitted" items they are not and I end up having to "Fit" it myself.

All of the panels fit where they were supposed to and all of the holes lined up perfectly. It turned what could have been a nightmare into an enjoyable garage project.

The 36A which measures 20" wide x 8.75" high x 36" long is $483.00 (This is the composite)...

With a 9" tall drawer you can go 40" long and 21" wide with 2 drawers in the rear of an 80. The 4" length difference is more of an issue to me than the little bit of width.

It makes sense for AT to make these smaller as most vehicles have a smaller cargo area than an 80-series LC.

I do think that the drawers are probably the best option on the market at the moment given the price and lack of availability of the African Outback stuff.

With a 9" tall drawer you can go 40" long and 21" wide with 2 drawers in the rear of an 80. The 4" length difference is more of an issue to me than the little bit of width.

It makes sense for AT to make these smaller as most vehicles have a smaller cargo area than an 80-series LC.

I do think that the drawers are probably the best option on the market at the moment given the price and lack of availability of the African Outback stuff.

40" would be cool, that's a ton of room. It would be like a mini sleeper for the kids!

I talked to AT about this also, as I too wanted a fitted system. They are making a replacement top panel that matches the contour of the 80 series rear cargo area. It takes about five minutes at the most to remove the top panel of the box.

Does anyone know if AT has the new top for the drawers yet that will better fit an 80?

Does anyone know if AT has the new top for the drawers yet that will better fit an 80?

They said they would contact me when they had them ready, and they have not contacted me yet. I would guess they're not available yet. You could always call them on monday.

They said they would contact me when they had them ready, and they have not contacted me yet. I would guess they're not available yet. You could always call them on monday.

I think i will do that!

How much do they way?

The 8.75 high weighs in at 38 lbs.
and the 12" weighs in at 45 lbs.

They made these modular to fit a number of different vehicles and I'm sure they fir the 100.

well I guess I should have asked if you know if they'll be making a replaceable top like the one that will form fit to the 80 cargo area.

well I guess I should have asked if you know if they'll be making a replaceable top like the one that will form fit to the 80 cargo area.

I'm sure if they get enough requests they would. The reason they are doing an 80 is they have one close by to pull the design from. I'm unsure if they have a 100 down in SoCal to make the template from.

They would complete that bad a@@ look you have going on your LX for sure. I dig your new paint job.

Send them an e-mail or p.m. Martyn. Hi chimed in earlier.

Not to resurrect an old thread, but how are these bolted to the rear so they are not loose?

I bolted them down using the factory third row seat holes already in the cruiser. They worked great for the Nevada Trophy and the truck remained clean, safe and organized after 27 hours of hard fast driving in two days of competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom