My official self intro! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello fellow mud members. I have been lurking for a few years and was always jealous of you guys back when I had my '95 XJ. Thanks to this forum I was able to find and mod the 80 of my dreams. :D

She's a '96 FJ80 with 170k on her. I have added a custom bumper and sliders as well as an OME medium lift with 35s. Inside the wood was redone from a kit off of ebay. Then the undercarriage was blasted and coated.

Enough of that, on to the pics!

Elsee003.jpg

Elsee001.jpg

Elsee002.jpg

Elsee004.jpg

Elsee006.jpg

Elsee005.jpg

I still haven't figured out what to do about the aftermarket alarm on it. I Googled the numbers on the box under the dash and it's an Audiovox deal but I have no key fob or info on it.

What do you all think? :flipoff2:

Very nicely done! Really like how you integrated the sliders into the running board fairings. How did yoou get the underside so clean? Is that the byproduct of it being an Arizona Cruiser?

Welcome! Nice looking 80. Did you build the bumper yourself?

X2 on more undercoating/blasting info. This is something I need to do really bad since I will be driving my LX on nasty salt infested roads in Ohio for the next two winters.

Very nicely done! Really like how you integrated the sliders into the running board fairings. How did yoou get the underside so clean? Is that the byproduct of it being an Arizona Cruiser?
Buddy of mine bead blasted everything for me. I got it from Colorado actually so I left nothing to chance.

Welcome! Nice looking 80. Did you build the bumper yourself?

X2 on more undercoating/blasting info. This is something I need to do really bad since I will be driving my LX on nasty salt infested roads in Ohio for the next two winters.
I wish I could weld like that. My buddy built the bumper and sliders for me as well as the spare tire bar for the passenger side. He knows how to work with metal for sure.

This is the first time I went to a bead blasting shop but I did it on a recommendation since it was a Colorado truck. They stripped it good and then sealed it to prevent any future issues.

Thanks for the complements! :grinpimp:

Chassis

What's it run to have the the under carriage bead plasted and painted like that? That looks brand new!

Good looking truck:cheers:

Welcome! :flipoff2:

Truck looks great, I really like the front bumper and sliders.

Sweet whip man. Great to see a fellow Arizonian.

:flipoff2:, your post count is above 20, so u r not a total newb.... ;) Sharp looking rig...

YO....I would totally pay $600 to have my underpants cleaned and painted all shiny like that.

Time to see if anyone in the Chicago area does such work!

welcome great looking truck, love the front bumper

Those rims look kinda cool.

The interior of the truck looks great! How is the spare tire secured?

I dig the bumper. Welcome :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom