Swapped bumpers and painted flares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up a winch mount ARB from Mike(Trapper) to replace my non winch bumper this past Saturday. I got it put on the next day. Earlier that week I decided to paint my flares, I went with Dupli Colors spray on bed liner from Napa. It only took a little over 1 can to do them all. I left them on the truck, then sanded them lightly with some 400 grit and then went over them with a scotch brite pad. Jfz80(Jason) clued me in on on using glossy magazine paper to slide behing the weather stripping around the flares which worked perfectly. The whole process only took about 2 hours, I wish I had done it a long time ago. Heres a couple of pics
tmpphpS67GGJ.jpg
tmpphpYRBfA5.jpg

Hey that bumper looks familiar :). It looks awesome Stephen. I like the coated flares. Nice touch :cool: .

Steve looks great man!

That looks fantastic!

Hey what happened to your old bumper? ;)

Looks great Stephen...keep it up.

Lookin' good.

looks good.... and it looks like you found a ds rear flare.

Thank for the compliments guys, Im gonna do the rocker panels this weekend, and maybe the line running down both sides.....but im kinda on the fence on that one because im worried about getting it taped off straight. I have been keeping an eye out for a good deal on a winch so Im all ears Greg. Any body have any ideas on how to make sure I get the line taped off straight if I decide to do it.

Thank for the compliments guys, Im gonna do the rocker panels this weekend, and maybe the line running down both sides.....but im kinda on the fence on that one because im worried about getting it taped off straight. I have been keeping an eye out for a good deal on a winch so Im all ears Greg. Any body have any ideas on how to make sure I get the line taped off straight if I decide to do it.

You can get the XRC10 for around $400. I just got mine i'm just trying to figure out where to mount it on my big ass bumper:grinpimp:

on level gound, with equal tire pressure, with your rig loaded down so it is sitting level.. na just kidding. just measure down from the front window how ever far you want to go, and but a small bit of tape under that mark, do the same for the rear. then using a 1/2 wide roll of painters tape attach it to the front just above the tape mark. then unroll the tape as you walk towards the back ( while not touching the truck) once you get to the back line up the bottom of the roll with the top of the tape you used to mark the rear. put tension on the tape to take the slack out and touch it down just above the tape. this should give you a fairly straight line. remove the to small bits of tape you used as a marker and then scuff, clean and paint.

on level gound, with equal tire pressure, with your rig loaded down so it is sitting level.. na just kidding. just measure down from the front window how ever far you want to go, and but a small bit of tape under that mark, do the same for the rear. then using a 1/2 wide roll of painters tape attach it to the front just above the tape mark. then unroll the tape as you walk towards the back ( while not touching the truck) once you get to the back line up the bottom of the roll with the top of the tape you used to mark the rear. put tension on the tape to take the slack out and touch it down just above the tape. this should give you a fairly straight line. remove the to small bits of tape you used as a marker and then scuff, clean and paint.

Thanks, I think I may give it a shot. I did the rocker panels after work today only took about an hour. Im surprised at how much more cleaner it looks now.
tmpphpgbTcWE.jpg

It does Look nice... now that the weather is getting wamer i plan on getting some more done on mine.

It does Look nice... now that the weather is getting wamer i plan on getting some more done on mine.

I need to follow youre lead and get some sliders worked out. I had planned to get some built with my income tax refund but I just found out today that my yearly follow up MRI is this tuesday and my deductible has not been met for the year so I now have to cough up $1575 out of pocket:crybaby:

but I just found out today that my yearly follow up MRI is this tuesday and my deductible has not been met for the year so I now have to cough up $1575 out of pocket:crybaby:

Damn that's a bummer...but what can you do :meh:. Health comes first!

I'm digging the look of the rocker panels, it does look cleaner.

Looking sweet Steve!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom