Got some new shoes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Oh yeah!! got some brand new 35s. en route.......5.29s:grinpimp::grinpimp:
DSCN1542.jpg
DSCN1543.jpg
DSCN1544.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome !

Now go get em dirty.

NICE! ...on what lift?

NICE! ...on what lift?

OME J springs and L shocks. right now i'm not loaded so i'm pretty high up there.....in the rear at least

:grinpimp::cool:!!

That Cruiser has come a short way from those tiny BFG MTs it had last year. Good acquisition of gears for those 35s. :steer:
:hmm: Maybe my "stimulus" check might afford me some new + improved GY MTRs just to be different from the OC crew. Im dreaming.

Now that is some good looking shoes!

Looks great Rufino. :beer:

:hmm: Maybe my "stimulus" check might afford me some new + improved GY MTRs just to be different from the OC crew. Im dreaming.

Really? Those would be my last pick.... If my rig wasn't a daily driver I would go with the BFG KM2 or the Nitto Terra Graplers. With a daily driver I would love to step up to the Toyo Open Country's but I do love my Cooper Discoverer's.

Really? Those would be my last pick.... If my rig wasn't a daily driver I would go with the BFG KM2 or the Nitto Terra Graplers. With a daily driver I would love to step up to the Toyo Open Country's but I do love my Cooper Discoverer's.

Im not sure if youre referring to the old MTRs. But these would be my next tires when I get enough dough saved up for the LC fund. My BFG ATs should last til then! :lol:

The tire tread pattern look very much what Im looking for - good for all around surfaces. More sipes and well placed voids compared to the old model.

010800350103108038.jpg
010800350103108038.jpg

Oh, I stand corrected until I hear reports about the new ones. I didn't know they re-designed them, I haven't been in the tire market for 2 years and probably won't be for another year with the way my Coopers are wearing and the less amount of driving I am doing.

The old Good Years were loud by all accounts and not all that great with grip according to some.

Friend of mine tested them out at Johnson Valley in rocks/mud 2 weeks ago with Goodyear and was super happy with the results. They are not directional like everyone thinks too. I agree with you Alan, it appears to be a good in between tire. However, i still like the original MTR the best... it's my all time favorite tire.

Last edited by a moderator:
you know one of my first choices was the GY MTR but i just couldn't pass up the price on these toyos. i've always wanted the MTRs.

you know one of my first choices was the GY MTR but i just couldn't pass up the price on these toyos. i've always wanted the MTRs.

What the heck - is there a dirt cheap tires secret society down South of LA Co that we should know of? :flipoff2:

Nothing wrong with getting a good price for good tires.

Problem is 285s 16" come in OWL. Arrrgh. I have to run 315s to avoid advertising them for free.

Alan, I don't recall seeing a tire that has the OWL on both sides, they almost always have the black wall on the opposite. ;)

Ruf, I have the Toyo M/Ts now as well. We will have to go scuff them up a little, put them through thier paces. :D

Alan, I don't recall seeing a tire that has the OWL on both sides, they almost always have the black wall on the opposite. ;)

Ruf, I have the Toyo M/Ts now as well. We will have to go scuff them up a little, put them through thier paces. :D

looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom