1LOUDLX in action (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Went to Buena Vista, CO for the day to escape the cold. It was 14 when we left Vail at 8am. By 2pm it was 60 and sunny. Hit up Chinaman gulch. Assured Loud he wouldn't bugger up his fancy NYC paint job, but I did warn him the sliders would be slidin' and bumpers bumpin'. His eyes were about as wide as you could imagine.:eek: The underside of his rig when from Big City to Colorado Rocked. If it was on the underside he scratched it. :clap: He started out the morning talking about getting his recently purchased rear bumper powder coated to match. Now it'd be front bumper, sliders, front skid, control arm, control arm mount. We were trying to convince him a rattle can is in order. Blacked out rims are a little less blacked out.

We had a great time. Trucks did great. The ATRACK on his Lex worked excellent. No injuries or broken parts. He did really well and kept calm especially when stuck between a rock and a hard place.:cheers:
loud corner.jpg
loud on the way out.jpg

NICE!!! Good to see that truck getting broken in Loud. I've rattle can touched up my rims, bumper and slider a bunch of times. You couldn't tell unless I pointed it out to you. Farinvail - I think I saw your truck parked in front of a condo in Vail the week before last? I pulled off I70 planning to grab lunch with Loud and had to bail quickly because I got an emergency call my son was getting stitches!

Well it's about time!
How did all the new Slee equipment meet your needs?

Sweet! Looks like a blast! Happy to see the rig in action. Once you drive a trail like that you REALLY get bitten by the Cruiser bug. Oh wait, you somehow got bit by that a long time ago... Ha...

Zane

Looks like an awesome time. I wish I lived out west...anyone need a firewall engineer in Colorado, California or Utah?

I have heard that Chinaman Gulch is a pretty tough trail, so seeing the 100 tackle it is nice. I'm sure glad you had the new Slee underbelly protection man, I am sure you needed it !! :)

Hey, that's what they are built for! Well, not quite, but anyway... :D

Now you've seen it's fun, you're lost. Go buy a lot of rattle cans... :flipoff2:

A 100 without any scratch or dent is like a person without any scar on his knees. He surely has had a safe, boring childhood. No exciting stories to tell, no thrilling bike / skates / sled rides, tree climbs or adventures at all.
In the same way, a dent under your rig or a scratch in your fender tells about a fun trail, a difficult pass, a treacherous thorny bush... hours and hours of stories to entertain friends and family ;)

I'm shocked!!!!
Loud actually wheels that beast of his? I thought it was only for the crazy NYC traffic?

Just kiddin...nice pics.

I thought we were going to see some snow drifting pics :flipoff2:

Nice job!

I would say it is a moderate to difficult trail. Definitely not extreme. It is a nice trail though. I'm really surprised to see a pretty Lexus on that trail though. I get that all the time in my Cruiser so I thought I'd pass it on to the LX brethern. For me, the highway between Vail and Buena Vista was the big challenge when I was out there. It is a pretty narrow road and there was a bike race. It took forever to get there.

I'm shocked!!!!
Loud actually wheels that beast of his? I thought it was only for the crazy NYC traffic?

Just kiddin...nice pics.
dude, dont underestimate NYC traffic. I had to lock my diffs yesterday.....:D

and i nearly broke in my bumper hitting a few bike messengers that thought they owned the rd.

I can tell you this, having an ARB on your 100 makes you feel like your pecker is 12 inches long...........no one wants to f with you...:grinpimp:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing Fair - way to go Loud - its going to be tough to go back to the big city now, eh?

Forget the cruiser bug, he had that big time before, now he has the Colorado trail bug - that is just as addictive.

Your passenger looks a little skeered of the rocks. :flipoff2: Looks great. I joke that wheeling these things is like driving a Camry around on rocks.

I was using his cell phone thank you very much.............................and quit being such a dick...........cause i know this is getting edited in like 3 minutes:flipoff2:

HELL YES!!!!!
looks like mad fun.

quite fun

Well it's about time!
How did all the new Slee equipment meet your needs?

that slee rear saved my ass from sliding back into a rock and busting out my light(s) on one part of the trail.

Pretty rad pics of Loud's rig in action! Glad to hear nothing broke! Was it his first time in the rocks? If so, I bet he's been bitten and goin back for more.

Ive been in rocks before, just not stuck between a rock and a hard place like that. Quite a nice technical trail, but I'm ready for some baja bombing now.

I have heard that Chinaman Gulch is a pretty tough trail, so seeing the 100 tackle it is nice. I'm sure glad you had the new Slee underbelly protection man, I am sure you needed it !! :)

I WISH I had the belly plate yesterday, but I'm not getting that for another two weeks.

I'm shocked!!!!

Just kiddin...nice pics.

Traffic is harsh in NY, but yeah I go on a wheeling trip about once a year.

Thanks for sharing Fair - way to go Loud - its going to be tough to go back to the big city now, eh?

Forget the cruiser bug, he had that big time before, now he has the Colorado trail bug - that is just as addictive.

I've already got a list of a bunch of other trails I'm going to start hitting next week if you want to join me ;)

Here are some shots neversummer took when he got too "skeered".
IMG_0611_edit.jpg
IMG_0614_edit.jpg
IMG_0615_edit.jpg

I take it you didn't show your Mom the pics :flipoff2:.

Nice way to break it in Loud!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom