325/60-18 Searched, but no results (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dnp

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
I'm sorry if this has been asked / answered before, but when I tried several different searches, I kept getting "no matches."

My question is: Will a 325/60-18 tire (like a NTG) fit on a stock-height '03 LX470? That size tire looks GREAT on an LC 100 I saw in another thread, but I also read that the LC had different rear springs on it...........I don't want to remove the AHC on my LX unless I start having problems with it, but I sure would like to have a more "substantial" tire than the 275/60-18's I currently have

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks!

I imagine you would need spacers to keep the tires from rubbing. I have spacers to keep my 315s off the upper control arms. 325s would be worse.

I have been told that not only will you need the lift but also need to run a spacer to run a tire that wide. I bet the tire would look sweet and perform well.
Just like ginericLC said.:)

Last edited:
They rub on a lifted truck, so unless you want to run with your AHC in high all the time then I wouldn't do it.
Is it the width or height (or both) that would cause problems? Looking at another option: since it's generally accepted that a 285/75-16 tire can be run on these trucks - in stock form - with no problems, would a 305/60-18 (with roughly identical height) on a stock wheel work OK or would the added width of the 305 cause problems? I'm just trying to go to a more aggressive looking tire without creating rubbing issues................Thanks for the suggestions

It is the width. That is why I have to run 1.25" spacers on my front end to run the 315s.

Why not go with a more common 275-70-18 that is the stock size on Ford pickups and a minor size upgrade that the Titan/Tundra guys seem to run a lot. A 275-70-18 would be a touch over 33" tall so ~2" taller than a 275-60-18.

Why not go with a more common 275-70-18 that is the stock size on Ford pickups and a minor size upgrade that the Titan/Tundra guys seem to run a lot. A 275-70-18 would be a touch over 33" tall so ~2" taller than a 275-60-18.
Too narrow. While I want to fill up the fenderwells with a little more height, I'm really looking for additional width. The 275/70 should be a somewhat narrower than the 275/60 already on the truck......anyone have an idea on a 305/60-18?

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why would the 275/70 be narrower than the stock 275/60? I thought the 275 was the width and the 70 or 60 was the ratio of height to width. Maybe I better re-read the google about tire sizes...

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why would the 275/70 be narrower than the stock 275/60? I thought the 275 was the width and the 70 or 60 was the ratio of height to width. Maybe I better re-read the google about tire sizes...

No you are correct. 275 is the width. Other than styles and manufacturing differences a 275 of any height will roughly be the same width.

I just bought 325/60/18 Nittos for my 99 lx470 and they fit with no problem, there was a little rubbing on the mud flaps but i just trimmed them about an inch and it solved the problem

I just bought 325/60/18 Nittos for my 99 lx470 and they fit with no problem, there was a little rubbing on the mud flaps but i just trimmed them about an inch and it solved the problem

Pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom