Lightweight aluminum fridge slide... FEELER ..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
I have had several requests about making some more fridge slides.
I would like to put a feeler out to see how many people would actually be interested. I would like to do 10 but could prolly start a run of 5. but Like in most cases the more orders I receive the better price I can get on material.

I have been using mine for almost a year and its been tested on class 8-9 trails and 100 plus miles in Death Valley with no squeaks rattles or faults , so I definitely think its ready for public consumption.

Some of the highlights:
-Easy to use
-Silent smooth operation and transit ( even in the roughest terrain )
-No moving parts
-Lightweight 8 lbs (approx)
-Super low mount height
-Less expensive than other options
-And last but not least :princess: approved!
*******( NOTE: this design is kinda dependent on an underling support structure like a tail gate when in the open position)********

The version that will be sold will be prettied up for extra cool factor.
The projected price range will be $ 135 - $185 depending on all factors...
Original thread is here:https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/195524-another-cargo-storage-thread-alloy.html

Feel free to hit me with any questions.
Thanks,
ken
P1010081.jpg
P1010082.jpg
P1010083.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe I'm confused. I read the thread but there were no images of the fridge pulled out. The slide just has teflon/plastic runner and it just slides on the alloy, is there a limiter in there to keep it from falling out if on an incline? Sorry if I missed it.

Ken, a fridge slide is in my list anyway, and I like your concept. Please put me on your list, I'm in.

I've seen it, and it's simple and low tech. Works great. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

I've seen it, and it's simple and low tech. Works great. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Andy's recommendation seals the deal for me, count me in and keep me in the loop for overall dimensions (even before you start making/shipping), I'm planning a drawer and would like to incorporate the slider.

Cheers!

Maybe I'm confused. I read the thread but there were no images of the fridge pulled out. The slide just has teflon/plastic runner and it just slides on the alloy, is there a limiter in there to keep it from falling out if on an incline? Sorry if I missed it.

The friction is such that it will not move unless pulled or pushed,that said my 5' nothing wife can pull it out on to the tailgate (4" lift) with no problems.

The slides are teflon and have a very nice action , I do install a pit pin as a safety in the rail.

Let me know if that answered the questions.

ken

Andy's recommendation seals the deal for me, count me in and keep me in the loop for overall dimensions (even before you start making/shipping), I'm planning a drawer and would like to incorporate the slider.

Cheers!

You got it , when I get enough interest I will give the update.
ken

Will it work in an FJ-60?

Sorry , I just saw this the answer to your question is it will fit just about anything.
The catch is with the current design you need a under lieing structure like a tailgate so its kinda specialized.

The production thought is dead right now until I re design it for a more mass market. The re design will have to be heavier and a bit bulkier but prolly more marketable.

Thanks for the interest.

ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom