Ultra low gearing, food for thought. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Read this tonight. Makes perfect sense. I don't usually coast with the trans in gear for long periods, but I have done it before.

Exploding Clutch - Tech Tip

Wow, I have never heard of that before, but then again, I don't coast with the tranny engaged. If I want to coast, I put the tranny in neutral and let the clutch out. Why put the additional wear on the pilot bushing?

Jack

Wow, I have never heard of that before, but then again, I don't coast with the tranny engaged. If I want to coast, I put the tranny in neutral and let the clutch out. Why put the additional wear on the pilot bushing?

Jack
x2 thats what i do...

Jack
And why would you want to hold the clutch in? my legs get tired enough as it is.

And why would you want to hold the clutch in? my legs get tired enough as it is.

Exactly. I guess that us lazy bastards have been doing it right this whole time.:hillbilly:

Jack