all electrictronics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got my 60 running today drove it for the first time SWEET!!!!!
but no electronics after shutting the truck off. Disconnect battery and I have elactronics again(dash lights,tail lights heater fan,radio ect..
has anyone else come across this before any advice would be appriciated..

Please provide some more information. What you say above is that your lights and other electric devices work with your battery disconnected. I don't think this is possible unless you have two batteries.

If you mean that when you disconnect then reconnect the battery the devices work again, then you probably need to clean your battery terminals or replace the battery cables because of corrosion inside the wire.

The head lights, dash lights, emergency flashers, brake lights, interior dome lights with the key in the off position. However, the raido, cigarette lighter and heater fan will only work with the key in ACC, Start or On.

When I first connect the battery everything works but when I shut off the engine and restart then only headlights and flashers work nothing else. My volt gage will cycle from 12 volts to 10 volts and back and forth.
Any Ideas will be appriciated

Cleaned terminals and found that the plug coming from the positive cable if moved it interrupts charging system got it figured out thanks guys

Cleaned terminals and found that the plug coming from the positive cable if moved it interrupts charging system got it figured out thanks guys

That's awesome! I HATE electrical / wiring issues. Gremlins from my first VW bus as a kid still haunt my nightmares. Sh!t would work, then not work...at random. :mad:

Emerald city - Seattle... bummer. I am lame and still haven't done a run w/ a cruiser group... :frown: would like to though... if i weren't always working would help.

if you end up replacing the terminals - get the military ones - they are SUPER nice!!

glad to hear you got it fixed!:cheers:

rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom