Sag pitman arm rod end info request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all

I wouldlike to replace the saginaw pitman arm tie rod end. Does anyone have a part number for one that can be purchased at a local parts house?

This will be for a stock steering rod on my 40 to the pitman arm. I did not want to wait around to oder one from the popular guys. No offense though as time is an issue. Thanks

I wouldlike to replace the saginaw pitman arm tie rod end. Does anyone have a part number for one that can be purchased at a local parts house?

This will be for a stock steering rod on my 40 to the pitman arm. I did not want to wait around to oder one from the popular guys. No offense though as time is an issue. Thanks

These two separate statements in your question do not add up.

How do you have a stock steering rod on your 40 series connecting to the Saginaw pitman arm?

I am not aware of a metric tie rod end piece that threads into the original Land Cruiser drag link from the tie rod to the Saginaw pitman arm. Along with the thread issues of the stock steering rod when trying to use the correct piece for a Saginaw pitman arm, I am not aware of a stock steering rod that was on the 40 series that would be close to the proper length. Further, the taper of the Land Cruiser tie rod end does not get secure into the taper of the Saginaw pitman arm.

:meh:

Hi All:

I would suggest pulling the existing TRE connected to the Saginaw pitman arm and take it into a good auto parts store and start trying to find a match.

Start trying the TRE end for a GM one-ton pick-up, or a Jeep J20 pick-up, etc.

Good luck!

Alan

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey all

I had that same set up. My po set it up and I had problems with the whole set up staying tight. I tried pressing bushings in and when that didn't work I made some shims and added them to no avail. Same with the arm on the ps side. After every run it was loose. I ended up re tapering all my arms with heavier ends and rods.

As it turns out, it is a downey drag link. So with that said....any local parts house part numbers for a new rod end? Maybe a year make and model that will work?

As it turns out, it is a downey drag link. So with that said....any local parts house part numbers for a new rod end? Maybe a year make and model that will work?

1979 CJ-7 with power steering...

back in the 70s we used a 70 olds cutlass pitman arm and it worked fine on a stock 40.i believe this was the recomended arm in the manafree catalog .downey used a tie rod threaded metric on 1 end and american thread on the other.either way both kits bolted up good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom